CAHS Staff Connection
March 25, 2015
3D Wrap- Up - Using Assessment in Instruction
Indicators for 3d:
•The teacher paying close attention to evidence of student understanding
•The teacher posing specifically created questions to elicit evidence of student understanding
•The teacher circulating to monitor student learning and to offer feedback
•Students assessing their own work against established criteria
•The teacher adjusting instruction in response to evidence of student understanding (or lack of it)
Reflect on a lesson that you have done or will do:
- Where would you score yourself on Domain 3d?
- What could you do to enhance your score?
- Do students know the criteria for assessment on daily lessons?
- How do the students contribute to creating the criteria?
- What valuable feedback do you provide to students on a daily basis?
Evaluations and Student Growth
Student growth information (common assessments or other teacher provided data) will be due no later than April 22 to allow us to finalize evaluations by May 1st.
Go to Year-End Forms and Evidence, then Year-End Artifacts - Teacher.
Testing Never Ends....
11th Grade M-Step Testing
Wednesday, April 15 - M-Step Science (Block A)
1st hour will meet for 2 hours
3rd hour will meet for 2 hours
5th hour will meet for 2 hours
Thursday, April 16 - M-Step Social Studies (Block B)
2nd hour will meet for 2 hours
4th hour will meet for 2 hours
6th hour will meet for 2 hours
Tuesday, April 21 - M-Step ELA (Block A - see above)
Thursday, April 23 - M-Step Math (Block B - see above)
Makeup days will also be scheduled.
Week of April 13-17
April 14th - Michigan Attorney General will present Cyber Safety Initiative in auditorium by grade level (1st - 5th hours - schedule will come from Faith McBride)
April 14th - 6th hour - OUTSIDE Program
April 15th - M-Step Science
April 16th - M-Step Social Studies
April 17th - ABC12 Spirit Cup
AAYMPI Phone Call Log
Let's continue the calls to ALL STUDENTS IN 1ST HOUR through May 8, 2015 and log in the Google Doc link below:
Seniors Last Day is May 20, 2015
Spirit Cup Rescheduled for Friday, April 17th
Thursday, April 2
- Staff - Bring 3 cans or boxes of food -or- $2 for jeans and a hat
- Students - Bring 3 cans or boxes of food -or- $1.00 for Hat Day!
Big Mo Team 314 Wins Again!
- 2015 Great Lakes Bay Region FIRST® Robotics District Competition Winners
- Overall Rank: 1st in the District event
- Won Excellence in Engineering Award.
- Currently in 3rd place in the State of Michigan out of 347 teams with 146 points earned towards the Michigan FRC State Championship.
Next competitions are the following:
April 2 - 4, 2015 Lansing District Competition (Mason High School, Mason)
April 8 - 11, 2015 Michigan FRC State Championship (Grand Rapids at the DeltaPlex Arena).
Upcoming PLC Meetings for March and April
Wednesday, April 1st
- Topic: Teachscape: Domain 3A - Communicating with Students
- PLC Cycle Review Info
- PLC Reviews (tentative)
Wednesday, April 22nd
- PLC Reviews (tentative)
- Expectation is that students complete the work
- Expectation is that content department collect and assign points for work
March 30- April 2 - Science - (WoW + 2 days)
April 13-17 - Math - (WoW + 2 days)
April 20-24 - English
April 27-May 1 - Social Studies
May 4-May 8 - Science
May 11-15 - Math
Mary 18-22 - English
May 25-29 - Social Studies (3 days)
School Improvement Survey
Genesee Valley Rotary Student of the Month Nominations
Social Studies– April - luncheon is on April 21
May - Open Nominations - Due by May - luncheon is May 19
Nominations are DUE by 15th of each month and the Rotary Student of the Month application is available on Blackboard.