William D. Cuts Newsletter
MESSAGE FROM ADMIN.
First off, a big congratulations to the junior girls volleyball team for winning the city championship! Thank you to all the coaches involved with the WD Cuts teams for your time and dedication. Senior girls semi finals will be a home game against VJM on November 16, and the boys are at Lorne Akins November 17. Good luck to both teams!
Students participated in the No Stone Left Alone ceremony on November 4. It is always a very meaningful event, and a great opportunity for the school to be able to participate. There was a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the organizers and attendees. They were all very impressed with the students who spoke and participated in the program, and with the students' behaviour in general.
Thank you to all of the parents who took part in parent-teacher interviews. It was nice to have parents in the building to meet in person. There were a number of teachers who were completely booked, if you still haven’t had a chance to make contact, please reach out to the teacher directly.
The end of October and beginning of November hit the school pretty hard with absences. The outbreak status the school was placed on is due to end November 9. Thank you for keeping students home when they are sick; I know some families have been hit pretty hard by the illnesses going around.
There are a couple of fundraisers being run by the parent council that are still going on. Get your Purdy’s and Stawnichy’s orders in - details are in this newsletter.
We hope you have a chance to relax and recharge over the long weekend. Students come back to classes on November 15. Thank you to all of the Veterans and active service members as we remember all those who have served.
Lest we forget
Cory and Matt
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
Friday, November 11 - No school - Remembrance Day
Monday, November 14 - No school - PD Day
Wednesday, December 7 - Early dismissal 12:00pm - staff meeting
Friday, December 23 - Early dissmissal 12:00pm
Monday December 26 - Sunday, January 8 - Christmas Break
Monday, January 9 - classes resume
Purdys Chocolate Fundraiser
STAWNICHY'S MUNDARE SAUSAGE FUNDRAISER
W.D. Cuts Paretns Advisory Association is running a Mundare Sausage fundraiser.
Printable Order Form
WDCuts Parent Council is Running Healthy Hunger
TO PARTICIPATE IN FUN LUNCH, we ask that you agree to these points below prior to ordering for your child. HealthHunger
1. When you know your child will be away, and have adequate notice, we ask that parents cancel their fun lunch through the Healthy Hunger website directly. This includes instances such as planned out of school field trips, medical or dental appointments, or families choosing to keep their child home for other circumstances. If you know your child is going to be away, please cancel your fun lunch order. Healthy Hunger has a 5 day cut off window where you can cancel your order without issue and receive reimbursement in your original form of payment. For, the cut off is the previous Friday evening.
** As hot lunch starts on Wednesday October 26th the last day to order for that lunch will be Friday Oct 21st
2. We also know there are many instances where students may be unable to attend school unexpectedly and with very little notice. Should your child be away due to illness or any other unexpected circumstance, parents will need to notify our hot lunch coordinator by email to email@example.com or telephone the school to make alternate arrangements. This MUST happen before 11 AM on the day of hot lunch. Any other requests, sent in other ways (e.g. to your child’s teacher) or after the deadline, cannot be considered so please plan accordingly.
Please provide specific instructions about what should be done with your child's lunch.
• If you wish to pick up at the school, you may do so only after 12:30 PM on the hot lunch day. Items must be picked up the same day for food safety reasons.
• If you would like the lunch to be sent with another student, please clearly indicate the name of that student and their class number (or teacher).
• We are unable to hold lunches overnight or provide any other arrangements.
**If you do not provide instructions for your child(ren)'s fun lunch prior to 11 AM as outlined above, the volunteers will use their discretion to determine next steps. This may include donating the lunch or discarding it.
of volunteers. We ask that you treat our volunteers with kindness and respect at all times. We could not do this without them!
Thank you for your ongoing support of our fun lunch program. It provides valuable fundraising dollars to our school.
-The WD CUTS FUN Lunch Team firstname.lastname@example.org
A REMINDER ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA USE
As we near the mid-way mark of the semester, we want to remind parents about the responsibilities students have when using social media platforms, especially those that are video-based:
Obtain appropriate consent from individuals - peers AND teachers - who appear in video, audio recording and images before forwarding them to other people or posting them to online spaces.
Before recording, be transparent about the purpose of the video, audio recording or images. Recording things with underlying motives and posting them out of context is not appropriate.
Respect others and communicate in a supportive way. Never participate in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviours.
We encourage you to have conversations with your children about social media regularly. Supporting them as they transition through adolescence and into adulthood will only help them become the best version of themselves.
For more information about our division policy about Acceptable Use of Technology, please visit the division website.