A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of May 27, 2019
A Message from Principal Grey:
A Message from your Grant PTA
Field Day, 5/30 8:15-9:50 am
Early Pick Up for Last Day of School, 5/31
Thank you, Ms. Elias!
Thank you, Ms. Ihrig!
We also say goodbye, for now, to the amazing Mrs. Ihrig. She'll be taking a special assignment job with the school district and will be so missed at Grant! Mrs. Ihring, your love of learning and passion for teaching is so appreciated by your students and families. You have put in so much extra effort to make school a wonderful learning environment for our students. Thank you and we hope your new position brings you so much joy!
Would you like to be a Grant Volunteer next year?
Summer Safety at Grant
Keep in mind, staff will not be on hand to oversee children on the playground, so please make sure to keep safety in mind. Thank you!
Help Prevent "Summer Slide!"
Learning and achievement don't just take a back seat during the summer, they actually inch backward! The average student loses a month of academic-calendar learning each summer. It's called the summer slide and it contributes to a more pronounced achievement gap. What can you do to keep those your student's learning moving forward? Use digital learning tools like Kahn Academy, take summer trips to the Library and READ! Going on vacation? Have your kids pick out summer reading material to bring along! Ask your teacher if they might have a summer packet. Here's a great article on the subject: https://www.edsurge.com/news/2018-07-12-what-summer-slide-actually-means-and-5-ways-to-fight-it
In the Thank You Column
- Thank you so much to Luanne Rice, Sandra Kruse and Erin Garcia-Norris for the wonderful band and choral concert!
- Many thanks to Mrs. Ihrig, Mrs. Groh and Mrs. Friesen for such a lovely 6th-grade promotion ceremony and party. You made the milestone very special.
- Thank you to our Grant staff for the awesome Open House. We know it's a lot to get ready for and the effort is so appreciated.
- Big thanks to everyone who helped pull the Art Show together. We couldn't have done it without you Stefani Fontana, Kelly Reavis, Katie Seifert, Kujeet Sidhu, Kelly Garzelli, Jenny Reich, Anna Barrera, Kristina Jones, Rosalie Thompson, Katie Andrews, Sasha Grimes, Amber Kinard, Marie Mintalucci, Gayatri Podesta, Janelle Wilson
- ...and from Mrs.Crysdale: Dear Grant Community, Thank you to all of you who came and visited the book fair last week. The Grant School library receives 25% of the total sales.This enables me to make sure the kids have the books they want to read! This event wouldn’t be possible without the wonderful help from some of you: Lisa Decota, Kirsten Doherty, Eszter Wardrop, Jessica Torliatt, Andrea Budd, Julie Archer and Kuljeet Sidhu. An enormous thank you goes out to all of you. Enjoy the summer and make sure the kids keep on reading.
At A Glance
May 30- Field Day
May 31- Last day of school- NOON RELEASE
June & July
August 5 & 6 - Mini-Kindergarten Assessment Day
August 12 & 13 Pick up your placement packet once you've updated your data on Aeries and printed out your emergency form.
August 14 - First Day of School