week of January 18, 2016
- School Mission Statement: ALL students will be challenged to obtain the skills necessary to realize their highest personal potential.
- District Vision: Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
- District Purpose: Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
Goal 1: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in their literacy skills.
Goal 2: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in critical thinking.
Goal 3: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in mathematical skills.
Goal 4: All staff will engage in the district-wide continuous improvement process.
Kindergarten Round UP
I know that several people signed up for the Round-Up Leadership team, and we will be meeting soon. If you would like to share a date that works for you before Jan 29th, let me know otherwise we will set the meeting for Wednesday, Jan. 27th from 3:15-3:45 pm.
Tune Up with Tina
The sessions will be created by conversations and upcoming technology needs. We looked at skills like Google Drive; tabs and browsers; importing and saving in Google Drive; updating our web pages; report cards on Power school; Smore; YouTube; Facebook from the web page; or Prezi.
These sessions are meant to be a brief overview. We are always looking for topics. These are not mandatory, and if you feel like you already understand the topics presented you could volunteer as a peer tutor for more in-depth one on one training.
The hope is that we all feel comfortable with the topic listed above, and can use the ideas as we move forward.
As soon as I hear from Tina we will share the dates.
Coffee with the Superintendent
She will meet at the following locations and times:
February 10th, 2 pm, at Frank's
March 9th, 7 pm, in the Ackerson Board Room
April 13th, 10 am, at Frank's
May 12th, 2:00 pm, at Frank's
June 8th, 7 pm, in the Ackerson Board Room.
You are welcome to share these dates and times in your newsletters and conversations with families.
NWEA Reading Make Ups
MCSF Trivia Night
Title 1 paras and afterschool
Suzanne Birgy and Sarah McCaffrey with the support of Charlene Mangi will facilitate the afterschool Title 1 Reading support. They will be working with students four days a week after school. The start dates and student list will be published this week. They will be meeting to finalize the intervention protocol and divide the students. We have had a wonderful response from families willing to have their students participate.
Super gentle reminder
- 1.18.16-Half Day
- 1.18.16-New Friends Lunch-11:30-Media Center-Please send students from the list with their end of the day gear.
- 1.18.16-Board meeting-Energy Audit for Klager/School Board Appreciation presentations
- 1.21.16-District Faculty meeting
- 1.25.16-Leadership Workshop-Gratitude
- 1.28.16-Principals Advisory
- 1.29.16-Half Day
- 1.29.16-ASO Assemblies
- 1.30.16-Daddy Daughter Dance