December 7, 2015
The Moment You Have All Been Waiting For
This time of year is also a time to reflect on what we have done well this semester and areas for improvement for the next semester. As I'm sure the team leaders have shared with you, on January 4th, we will be spending the day looking at how are students are performing (both individually and as groups). We will spend the morning analyzing all the data that we have on our kiddos and the afternoon looking at what we can strategically abandon and areas where we can improve our instruction. Part of the conversation will include a review of Bloom's Taxonomy and a review/introduction to Plano Walkthroughs. Hopefully, the day will be fruitful and everyone will walk away feeling even better about their efforts from first semester and excited about what awaits next semester.
Thanks to Erin for hosting this years Staff Holiday Party. I hear that it was more rowdy and fun then previous years. Glad to hear you were able to "let your hair down" and enjoy each others company. I only wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you. Thanks for all who attended and made the event so fun!
Finally, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Holidays!! Thanks for the gifts that you share with your students and each of us daily -- your patiences, talents, and compassion! The Bethany Family is blessed because of each of you!
- December 15th -- All Pro Dad's Breakfast -- 7:00 a.m.
- December 15th -- PTA Holiday Luncheon for PTA volunteers
- December 16th -- PTA Cookie Day for Staff
- December 16th -- Staff Meeting Cancelled
- December 17th -- Winter Parties
- December 18th -- Early Release for Students -- Report Cards Go Home
- January 4th -- Staff Returns to Work
- January 5th -- Students Return
- January 8th -- PTA General Assembly and Movie Night -- 5:30 p.m.
- January 13th -- Schimelpfenig Music Visit -- 5th grade
- January 13th -- Team Leader Meeting
- January 15th -- Bethany Spelling Bee -- 1:00 p.m.
Thought For The Week
“This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!”
- D.M. Dellinger