The House on the Gulf
By Margaret Peterson Haddix
What did I enjoy about the Book?
* I enjoyed all of the different plot twists in this book. You never knew what was going to happen next.
* It kept you guessing what was going to happen and the book made you want to try and solve the mystery yourself.
* It was a fun read and kept you from wanting to put the book down.
Which characters play important roles that relate to the overall theme?
* Britt is the main character in this book and she is the one trying to solve the mystery. Bran was another main character and he is the one who caused all of the problems. So they relate to the theme because bran and britt were not honest and the theme is honesty is the best policy.
What was the tone of the book? How was the tone communicated?
*I think the tone of the book is very thoughtful. It makes you feel on edge and you think a lot throughout the book about what is going to happen next. The tone is communicated by how the author puts lots of plot twits in the book.
Why would you recommend this book?
* I would recommend this book because it is very interesting and sometimes makes you feel like a detective. It was always fun picking up this book and finding out new clues and information every sentence you would read. It kept me wanting to read it and made you want to know what was going to happen next.