Lakeview Family Newsletter - January 24
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
No School Friday, Jan 31
Great Kindness Challenge Week is a way that schools across the world have set aside time to focus on kindness. It will be celebrated in South Milwaukee January 27 through February 3.
Coin War - The contributions to our coin war go towards building a school in Mexico. Starting Monday through February 3rd, students may bring coins or paper bills for their classroom jar. Coins give each class points, but you can put paper bills into another classroom's jar, taking away points from their total (but still giving generously towards the school project in Mexico).
Spirit Days - Let's see everyone celebrate kindness with these dress-up days:
• Monday, Jan 27 - Kindness Rocks - Rock Star Day - dress like a rock star
• Tuesday, Jan 28 - Crazy for Kindness - Mismatched Clothes and/or Crazy Hair Day
• Wed, Jan 29 - Hats off to Kindness - Hat Day
• Thurs, Jan 30 - Team Up for Kindness - Wear sports apparel
• Mon, Feb 3 - Dream of Kindness - Pajama Day
We will have additional activities at school during the week. We encourage you to talk about kindness every day at home, but especially during the coming week.