October 20, 2022
- OCT 23 - CMC Open House, 1-3pm (see email sent to 8th grade families)
- UPDATE - note time change - OCT 31—Trunk or Treat, 1pm with CMC - parents welcome.
- NOV 1 - Mass (Tuesday) - All Saints Day
- NOV 3 and 4th - NO SCHOOL - MANS conference for teachers
- NOV 10 - Parent/teacher conference in the PM
- NOV 11 - NO SCHOOL - Parent/teacher conferences
- NOV 15 - PTO meeting via Zoom
- NOV 18 - All school Thanksgiving feast
- NOV 19 and DEC 3rd - AOD HS placement test at CMC - (see email sent to 8th grade families)
- NOV 23, 24 & 25 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
EXTENDED TO OCT. 21ST!! ACHATZ PIE FUNDRAISER!!
Our Volley Ball Crusaders made it to E Division playoffs! What a proud accomplishment for our girls, congratulations!! Thank you Coach Coomes and Dana Coomes for seeing the team through a winning season!
GOT THE MUNCHIES?
Friday October 28th
November 4th and 11th
If you need to reach Coach Cusumano with any questions, her contact info is (850)459-9485 and email is email@example.com
GOLF TEAM IS UNDERWAY
Practice on 10/21 - Golf Club will be at Golf Country (address below). It will begin at 3:30pm. Price is $6 for a medium bucket of balls and kids/parents need to sign in. Practice will run 45-60 minutes. Coaches are requesting that some adults stay and just make sure the kids don't wander around.
Address: 4730 Smiths Creek Rd, Kimball, MI 48074
Phone: (810) 364-9160
WOULD YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW MAKE A GREAT SUBSTITUTE?
BOOK FAIR COMING SOON....
The book fair will be open Sunday, November 6th after the 9:30 AM mass. It will also be open Monday-Thursday 7:30AM-3:30 PM and during Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday evening and all day Friday.
DRAMA CLUB FUNDRAISER WITH RAY WIEGANDS NURSERY
Orders are due: Wed., November 2nd, please bring them to the school office.
Payment: Cash or check, checks should be made out to "OLR"
Pick-up Info: Product and Gift Certificates will be available for pick-up on Wed, Nov. 30th @ 3pm.
Open to 2nd-8th graders, Youth Choir has begun. Practice is on Mondays, from 3pm to 3:35pm with pick up at the Fine Arts building.
Interested in what PTO is up to and what events to mark on your calendars? Check out the “PTO Particulars” flyer attached to the newsletter email.
Next PTO meeting is Nov 15th @ 7:30am via Zoom. Join us! Just let Sunni know your email so she can get you the Zoom dial in codes. firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY IN THE KNOW
“Holy Cross Parent Group”
The group will serve as an online forum for parents / grandparents /guardians to:
· Ask questions;
· Share information (community events, sports tryouts, camps, educational opportunities, etc.);
· Donate items to each other (HC spirit wear, school supplies, etc.);
· Share PTO news and fundraiser information;
· Share other school news, internal pictures, newsletters, etc.;
· Showcase upcoming school events.
This will be a private group, and parents are invited to request admittance.
WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL
Amazon Smile: You can designate Holy Cross to receive credit from online shopping through Amazon Smile. We are registered in Amazon Smile as “Our Lady On the River Parish Marine City”
Box Tops for Education: Just a reminder about “how to” digitally save those little box tops….download the app, scan the receipt, and you’ve done it! For details on the new program, please go to: https://www.boxtops4education.com/newbtfe
Please do continue to clip and send in “Box Tops” with good expiration dates: they are very strict about dates, however, and expired “Box Tops” are not honored.
HELPFUL LINKS AND CONTACTS
LUNCH MENU :
Lunch menu - click here!
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION:
SPIRIT WEAR - TP LOGOS:
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN:
To find a session that fits your schedule, go to www.virtus.org and select “First Time Registrant.” Then choose “view list” of class sites, and choose “Detroit.” Scroll through to find your session, then go back to the top of that page to create your login.
The SCRIP office is open Fridays 7-9am and Mondays 5-6pm. You can also leave messages on the school phone or via email@example.com.
Not quite sure how SCRIP works?--call Tammi Walker at 810-531-3458
LUNCH SUPERVISOR SIGN UP:
BINGO SIGN-UP - WEDNESDAY:
Paul Burger at 734.837.5807