To know God and make Him known
WEEK 4 WRAP-UP:
Just a few take-aways from this week:
- We're finalizing sign ups for the Bass Hall field trips. Please let Allison know if you'd like to come (firstname.lastname@example.org). These trips are intended for grades 1st-4th (ages 5+; no strollers) & are as follows:
Peter and the Wolf | February 8, 2017 | 12:30 PM
Once Upon A Tale | March 6, 2017 | 10:30 AM
- It appears a group trip to Mainstay Farms isn't sounding too appealing to our group, so we'll look in to other options this fall (possibly Lone Star Family Farm in Stephenville http://lonestarfamilyfarm.com/attractions.php &/or a trip to the Compassion Experience here in Granbury https://cts.compassion.com/events/589)
- We enjoyed a wonderful presentation by the Mills' family on Dina's home country, Kyrgyzstan! Last week's presentation was on Labor Day by the Laviolettes, & the previous week was on the Keith's Memory Binder.
- We've chosen The Door in the Wall as the book we'll be reading in our moms' book club. We're aiming to get together every 6 weeks to eat dinner & discuss (grown up conversation - yay! :) We'll set a date soon.
- Service opportunity: Trinity Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has an Adopt-a-Resident program in which an individual family can be paired up with a nursing home resident (typically one who doesn't get many visitors very often), visiting their "adopted" resident on a regular basis. Our family has had the privilege in participating in this program & it has been such a blessing to us! The kids absolutely ADORE our adopted resident & every time we leave the nursing home, they beg to go visit her again soon (we go about once a month). If you're interested in "adopting" a resident at Trinity, you can contact the Activities Director there, Melissa Perez at Activities.Granbury@daybreakventure.com to sign up.
- Every month we'll each take turns praying for a different family in our CC community. I gave each family the name of another family to pray for this month - but after thinking through it more, I've decided to go with "Prayer Partners", where two families are paired up to pray for each other for the month. Each month we'll pair up two different families. Here are September's Prayer Partners (you're encouraged to ask each other how you can specifically be praying this month for one another):
Bellews & Cains
Crowders & Herbolds
Hornes & Keiths
Laviolettes & Mills
- Next week's rotation schedule:
FAMILY PRESENTATION: Bellew Family
CLEAN UP TEAM: Keith, Bellew
DIGGING DEEPER @ HOME
- To watch the Timeline Video which includes all the official hand motions for the timeline song, visit https://www.classicalconversations.com/foundations-learning-center/timeline-videos (you'll have to log in with your CC Connected user ID)
HELPFUL HINTS ALL YEAR LONG
So you have a CC Connected membership but now what? A fellow CC mom has created this blog that takes you step by step with pictures through how to download songs and files to be used at home.
While it is not necessary to supplement Classical Conversations with crafts, worksheets, videos, and other on-line resources, this blog offers some lists as a quick reference for those who wish to easily find such resources.
If you're looking to add some creative hands-on activities to enrich your weekly memory work, here is a great resource by another CC mom (FYI: her yearly Teaching Plans are $14.95)
Our community Shutterfly site to upload photos, access our calendar & directory.
SAVE THE DATE
Granbury CC Leadership Team
Foundations Director: Ashley Keith - 817.915.8998 - email@example.com
Foundations Tutors: Audra Cain - 214.364.8750 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Herbold - 432.266.0409 - email@example.com
Support Representative: Betsy Hathaway - 817.229.6935 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Representative: Lisa Harper - 817.239.9980
Classical Conversations of Granbury
Classical Conversations of Granbury's mission is to know God and make Him known. We use a classical approach to learning and a Christ centered world view to equip parents and encourage student's in their own home school journey.
God's Word for the Week
"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
- Ephesians 4: 1-3