December 17, 2020
Dear VBL Families,
The Vail Governing Board approved to move all schools in our district to Remote Learning from January 4th- January 22nd. We will be moving temporarily to the remote learning phase immediately following our winter break and plan to return to hybrid on January 25th.
During the remote phase, students will follow the same schedule and have the same class times. The only thing that is changing is their location. We will continue to have social groups on Zoom with Ms. Wrona as well as check-in office hours with teachers for extra help or just to say hi.
Students are expected to follow their schedule Monday - Thursday from home exactly as they are now, including using the Learning Lab time for Edmentum.
Please remind students to be on time for each class with camera and microphone on and follow the same behavior and academic expectations that would be expected if they were here. Our goal is to make this as close to being at school as possible.
Students and parents are assigned and notified if they have re-teach classes from 3:00-3:30 each week through email. Please help your student adapt their schedule when they are assigned re-teach. This is the time students have the opportunity to change their formative grades and learn concepts they are struggling with.
The office will be open by appointment only. Click here to make an appointment.
Thank you for all of your support in this unusual circumstance. Please reach out for any reason.
Buy a Trailblazer shirt, jacket or hoodie
Just $10 each!
Here is the Remote student schedule for January and the 20-21 school year. Students will be expected to attend class virtually according to their schedule and follow the same schedule for their in person learning days. Whether students are in school or remote, they are expected to attend class on time each day and work in Edmentum during their learning lab time either at home or at school.
Here is the new board approved calendar.
At Home Learning Expectations
- Student will participate in lessons according to their schedule each day.
- Rigorous grade level content in Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts will be provided by teachers.
- Lessons will be delivered through Schoology.
- Student attendance will be counted DAILY.
- Parents and students will be given training in Schoology, Edmentum and other needs.
- Teachers will maintain connections with students through scheduled Schoology and Zoom Opportunities.
- Grading and feedback will be provided to students in a timely manner.
- Advanced math and re-teach will be available to students. Students in advanced math will be able to attend attend their recorded class at any time. Re-teach will be available daily directly following the instruction time.
- Re-teach will be assigned based upon formative testing results each week. Students and parents will be notified if they are required to attend re-teach.
- Special Education Support will be provided by Camille Haynie and our Special Education Support Team.
- All public, group and private chats comments are appropriate and relevant to topic
- Video and Microphone on at all times
- Speaker Courtesy - Active Listening skills
- Calendars in Google cal
- Eat and restroom during your learning lab times
Set up your Schoology account now to stay up-to-date with your child's learning.