The Eagles Nest NMAPA Newsletter
You Are an Essential Piece of the Puzzle- 2021-2022
Our School Vision
Vision: North Metro Academy of Performing Arts will be the best charter school in the state of Georgia where students acquire the 21st century knowledge and skills ignited by the arts to be successful in high school and college.
Mission: NMAPA engages students in instruction that integrates academics and performing arts in ways that address the unique needs and interests of each student, while intentionally developing confidence, imagination and collaboration.
Workshop Model (Reader's, Writer's, & Math)
Integration of the Arts
High Levels of Student Engagement and Inquiry
I am a NMAPA child of Excellence who always does my best. I am Respectful and Responsible. I am Creative and Innovative. I am Focused and Determined. I am Kind and Supportive. I soar as high as an eagle on the wings of my Integrity. I am a Courageous Leader who can achieve anything with hard work and dedication. I am a NMAPA scholar and I am committed to Success!
Welcome Back, North Metro Family! We've had a grand opening this school year and have loved seeing our K-3 students in person this past week. We look forward to seeing our 4th & 5th-grade students in person beginning on Monday, August 9th. Our North Metro family members have worked so hard to prepare for this school year and enjoyed meeting with students this week. We are thrilled to partner with you to ensure a successful year for your child. Please reach out to us if there is anything we can do to support you.
FIRST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
North Metro Academy of Performing Arts
2021-2022 Dress Code
All Scholars at North Metro Academy of Performing Arts must adhere to our school dress code.
- Students are expected to wear school-logo embroidered tops and khaki or navy color slacks or pants*, skorts or jumpers for girls.
- The four polo colors are: gold, burgundy, navy, and white
- Solid black or dark brown shoes.
- Wednesdays are professional dress day. Scholars wear blazers, white shirts and khaki pants.
- *An option for adding our embroided school logo is: Embroidery Express Inc. 2495 Eastgate Pl Snellville, GA 30078 (770) 978-3261.
Please note the following changes in dress code:
· No skinny jeans or leggings (khakis or navy only)
· No multi-color shoes or crocs (dark brown or black only)
· No multi-color tights (navy, white or burgundy only)
· Jackets, hoodies, sweaters and sweatshirts must be plain navy, burgundy, white or gold (no team logo, emblems or sports insignia)
· Fridays will be spirit day. Scholars may wear jeans and spiritwear.
Please contact the school if you are unable to adhere to our dress code policy.
Please join us on Thursday, August 26th, for Curriculum Night from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm. You will get the opportunity to learn more about the curriculum for the 2021-2022 school year. You will also have a chance to meet your child’s homeroom teacher and specials teachers. Curriculum Night will be in person; however, you may also participate virtually. Homeroom Teachers will send out a zoom link for parents to participate online before curriculum night.
Breakfast & Lunch Update
For the 2021-2022 school year, there will be no charge for students for breakfast and lunch. Parents are still required to place orders for their scholars for lunch. Please visit our school website at https://www.gcpsk12.org/NMAPA to place your order and complete the Free & Reduced Lunch application.
September 1st-3rd- IOWA Assessment (Grade 2)
September 10th- Grandparents Day Luncheon
September 14th- Digital Learning Day #1
September 21st-23rd- CogAT Assessment (Grade 1,2, & 5)
September 22nd- Fall Pictures
October 7th-11th-Fall Break