ELA Coach's Corner
Monthly Literacy Newsletter for FTS, by Holli Van
May Coaching Menu
(to sign up, email me with dates and times that work for you!)
- Literature Circles / Book Clubs -- Scheduling, routines, mini-lessons, facilitating, assessing... you choose the focus! I can come to your classroom during literature circles before and / or after we meet to further personalize our discussion and the resources I share with you.
- District Goal -- Do you have students who have not yet reached a 3 for Development of Ideas on the district PCR rubric? I will come to work 1:1 or in a small group with these students, and reassess them when I am done.
Follow Me, Read Me, Try Me!
(click on the buttons)
Strategy of the Month
Smart writers use a variety of narrative strategies to reveal a character's perspective throughout the story.
- Give small and specific character actions.
- Use strong verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.
- Give a vivid image of what is happening, physically, to the character.
- Use figurative language.
- Share character thoughts.
- Describe what a character sees through his / her eyes... follow with character reaction.
** Important May Dates **
District Data in Genesis
Monday, May 16th, 8am
384 West Main Street
Holli Van Albanese
Clifton T. Barkalow Middle School
Dwight D. Eisenhower Middle School