April 2022 - Delta College
Join an Accountability Group to accomplish your summer goals
D2L Brightspace Basics Self-Paced Training
D2L & Delta Mini-Conference
Mental health and well-being workshop
Tuesday, April 19th, 2pm
This is an online event.
How can you be at your best for your students? Join Amy Jaster (H&W Instructor) and Nicole Rausch (Instructional Designer) for a powerful session that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and encouraged. Zoom link on Faculty Connect.
Open Help Session
Monday, May 2nd, 9am
This is an online event.
eLearning staff will be available to answer any questions you might have about the D2L Brightspace platform.
Finding Information on Inside Delta
Even with a semester under our belts, we are all still getting used to the new website organization. Here's a cheat sheet to finding commonly visited information on Inside Delta:
Academics --> Faculty Connect --> Workshops & Trainings
- Upcoming Event date and link to join/register
- Past Recorded Event such as D2L conference or building assessments session
- Book Club summary and contact person
Academics --> Faculty Connect --> Forms
- Bookstore commencement rental, textbook requisition
- Registration grade change, student drop, incomplete, independent study
- Tuition Waiver for full time faculty and adjunct grant
- HR and Title IX insurance, retirement, and reporting
- Testing Center individual testing
- Room Change
Academics --> Faculty Connect --> Online Learning
- Accessibility guides for documents & best practices
- D2L Brightspace Tutorials for the many features available in this space
- Software & Tools Tutorials for add-on's like Ally, Yuja, TurnItIn, and Respondus
Academics --> Faculty Connect --> Instructional Best Practices
- Syllabus guidelines for what to include
- Course Planning using backwards design
- Assessment guidelines
- Early Alert
Academics --> Faculty Connect --> Student Resources
- Bookstore, Counseling, Crisis Support, Delta's Closet, Disability Resources, Food Pantry, Library, Testing Center, Title IX, Tutoring
What's new in D2L Brightspace?
If you think this 'Grand' navigation bar has too many options for your class/students, consider using either the 'Classic' or 'Minimalist' navbar. Please note that choosing one of these three will greatly help the eLearning team if/when new tools become available and the course navbars need to be updated.
To ensure that you are using one of the three recommended navbars:
- Click on the ‘Edit Course’ navbar option.
- Click on the ‘Navigation & Themes’ link.
- From the ‘Active Navbar’ drop-down list, select the appropriate navbar layout.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.