March Resource Newsletter
Check out this month's reminders and resources!
Please check out the March Newsletter to learn more information about monthly reminders, upcoming events, and even resources!
- Remember that enrollment documents need to be submitted within 90 days of registration
- School supply and hygiene items have been shipped. Reach out to your TSL if you have not received it
- Students qualified for the McKinney-Vento Act for the 2022-23 school year are eligible for Dollar General gift cards from the Unaccompanied Youth and Homeless CARES Act funds. The purpose of the Dollar General Gift card is to help you purchase physical needs in order for your student to be successful and engaged in their schooling. Items to consider include school supplies, clothing, lunch, or other items needed to be productive at school. (Alcohol and tobacco products cannot be purchased with these cards.) GCA must report expenditures to the GADOE therefore, we ask that you provide a receipt of your purchase(s). Click Link to upload a picture of your receipt(s).
March MONTHLY RESOURCES
Jetdoc is a Georgia-based virtual app that makes mental health care and coaching easier, faster, and more secure than ever through our speedy virtual system and our at-the-ready Georgia-licensed mental health care providers.
Jetdoc provides direct virtual access to mental health care and coaching for students experiencing homelessness. The Georgia Department of Education is providing funding as a part of CARES/ESSER/ARP-HCY for this service to displaced students in Georgia through September 2024.
If your student is in need of mental health care or coaching services, please reach out to Mia Lewis for GCA's access code so you can connect to Jetdoc right away.
JOB OPPURTUNITY - The Job Fair Opportunities
South Fulton Job Fair - South Fulton Career Fair
Time: Wed, March 8th, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM EST
Location: South Fulton Virtual Job Fair Fulton, GA
Event is free- Click Link to reserve a ticket: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/south-fulton-job-fair-south-fulton-career-fair-tickets-458304199197?aff=erelexpmlt
ATL Airport Career Fair Spring 2023
Time: Wed, March 8th, 2023 @ 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Location: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport - Domestic Terminal 6000 N. Terminal Parkway Atlanta, GA 30320
Event is free & virtual --- Click Link to reserve a spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atl-airport-career-fair-spring-2023-registration-512079322037?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Cobb County School District Support Staff Job Fair
Location: Truist Park (Third Base Entrance) 755 Battery Avenue Southeast Atlanta, GA 30339
Click Link to reserve a spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cobb-county-school-district-job-fair-tickets-519775090287?aff=erelexpmlt
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY- CITY OF REFUGE
Website: City of Refuge Job Training Courses - https://cityofrefugeatl.org/job-training
Helping Hands Ministries of Paulding County-
- Phone: (770) 443-1230
- Website: http://hhpcga.org/home
- Currently provide assistance with food, however, call back for updates on potential financial assistance.
Neighborhood Cooperative Ministries (Dekalb)
- Website: https://www.ourncm.org/
- 770-263-0013 — INFO@OURNCM.ORG
- Food assistance
- Emergency Housing Assistance
Frontline Housing (Clayton County)
"Home Again Rental Assistance
Must live in Incorporated City of Atlanta
Check stubs to show you are working full time
Must have children 18 or younger
Must have less than $3,000 in arrears
Must have a current lease
Required to join the Financial Achievement Club"
Family Promise of Gwinnett
- 3495 B Sugarloaf Parkway
- Lawrenceville Family Promise -- brings shelter, meals, and support services to families without homes. Family promise is a cost efficient, effective, and replicable community response to family homelessness.
- Information retrieved from Family Promise of Gwinnett
Gwinnett Children’s Shelter
- P.O. Box 527
- Buford -- Provides emergency shelter, life skills training, respite care for youth with families in crisis, comprehensive child and family assessments, individual and group counseling, educational services, recreational activities, family counseling, coordination of services with referring agencies.
- Information retrieved from Family Promise of Gwinnett
Helping Mamas (Norcross)
https://helpingmamas.org/mobile-distribution/ --- March 4th & March 11th--- Great resource for parents and students with babies - Organization provides diaper bags, diapers, wipes, period items
State of Georgia Homeless Resources
- More Covid Resources
- United Way: http://211online.unitedwayatlanta.org/
Offering dedicated opportunities throughout the academic year for cultural and learning experiences. ASCEND Scholars are expected to actively participate in ASCEND and remain committed to actively participate for this academic year.
Faculty, Staff and Community Members can help make this experience at KSU even better by adopting a student's move-in wishes and/or their campus rent. For more information, CLICK HERE
WHAT WE DO!
AS TSL's, WE SERVE
- Displaced Students
GCA participates in the education of displaced students by providing specific support and supplies to help with their education. A “displaced” student is any student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This could mean that a child is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing or economic hardship; is living in motels, etc. due to the lack of alternative accommodations; is living in emergency or transitional shelters; or is awaiting foster care placement. If you are currently experiencing homelessness and are in need of assistance, please contact our Transitional Student Liaisons, Ja’Net Crayton (email@example.com),
- Migrant Students
GCA participates in the Migrant Education Program (MEP). Migrant students in GCA are also provided additional support and supplies to help with their education. Additionally, please contact your Transitional Student Liaisons for more information.
GCA offers TutorMe which is a free online 24/7 online tutoring service that covers 300 plus areas. This online platform allows students to connect with a live tutor right from their home. TutorMe’s network of over 10,000 verified tutors are ready to help with any academic question, no matter how big or small. To access TutorMe, log into Clever and find the TutorMe icon under District Apps.
Click here for more information- https://www.georgiacyber.org/academics/tutoring/tutorme