WATER

By:jordan webb

info about water....

Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.

At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.

Big image

Water intoxication is most likely to occur during periods of intense athletic performance

About 68% of the fresh water on earth is trapped in glaciers.

The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day

Every time you fill your bathtub up you use 70 gallons of water.

Roughly 85% of the population lives on the driest part of the planet.

Big image

5 fun facts about water

  1. The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day.
  2. The United States uses nearly 80 percent of its water for irrigation and thermoelectric power.
  3. The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
  4. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. residents receive their water from public water facilities. The remaining 15 percent supply their own water from private wells or other sources.
  5. By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
Big image
Big image