Weekly Bulletin - Week of April 11th
Weekly Principal's Note:
I hope that you all had a nice week back from Easter vacation. I had an awesome time watching Jamie's 2nd graders make ice cream in science class last week. It was fantastic to see a lesson where kids were learning math, science, and Spanish...all at once!! Thanks for letting me visit, Jamie. I will be working on the teacher evaluations soon and would love to come in and visit more often. If you have exciting lessons that you would like to showcase this week, please email me the time and date so that I can put it on my calendar. Essentially, I am looking at the aspects contained in Charlotte Danielson's Framework. I have included an image of the framework below.
Also, contracts will be ready this week, so please fill in a time to meet with me. I'll send out a Google Doc. Your commitment and dedication to the kids is evident when I see you in the classroom, on the playground, in Church, or up in the lunchroom. What I especially notice is how we look out for one another's kids, not just the ones directly in our care. It really does take a village and I appreciate all you do for each and every child in our community. Thank you and have a wonderful week!
- Nothing special yet...
- Lesson Plans should be DONE...all subjects!
- Collect Read-a-Thon pledge money.
- PE instead of music. Shannon will contact you to discuss any schedule changes since it is a half day.
- Noon dismissal.
- Lunch from 12:15 - 1...potluck?
- P.D. from 1 - 3 pm.
- All School Mass
- Saint of the Day: St. Lydwine. Here is the info: http://www.catholic.org/saints/sofd.php?date=2015-04-14
- 1st Grade Field Trip to the Zoo.
- Prep for Jr. Daffodil Parade.
- Jr. Daffodil Parade - Attend if you can!
- Arrive at Mason Middle School at 9:40 am on April 16th to line up and get in order. Usually the larger groups (us at 185) meet on the Track field in the back of the school. Parking near the field was available last year.
- The parade begins at N. 28th & Proctor, travels down Proctor and turns left on N. 26th and continues down to the library.
Read-A-Thon: Money Due!!
Enrollment: Sharing the Good News!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS!!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR AND IN YOUR PARENT NEWSLETTER!
Noon Dismissal - Professional Development
Wednesday, April 13th, 12pm
504 South 30th Street
The PD will be done by Dr. Vanessa Tucker (thank you Bridget!!), a specialist on SPED. She will work with us on how we can deal effectively with SPED related issues in the classroom.
Saturday, April 30th, 5-8pm
504 South 30th Street
Families can pre-purchase tickets for $5/person (through the office) or $7/person at the door. It will be a fantastic event, complete with lip-syncing!