Family Newsletter-October 19, 2020
Thank you to our families who were able to attend any of the Back to School Night sessions last week. It was great to see you! If you were unable to make it to any of the sessions, but have questions about it, please reach out to your child's teacher or any of our specialists (ERC, ELD, and Counselor). Their contact information is located on our school website HERE. Below is a link to a recording of my presentation in case you wanted information from that.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Mid October: District reviews health metrics and considers a timeline for moving to Hybrid Learning and will notify students and families.
- Thurs., Nov. 5th: End of 1st Quarter
- Fri., Nov. 6th: No School--Teacher Work Day and Family Conferences Prep
- Tues., Nov. 10th: Virtual Family Conferences--only in the evening (more info to come)
- Wed., Nov. 11th: No School--Veteran's Day
- Thurs., Nov. 12th: No School--Virtual Family Conferences all day (more info to come)
- Tues., Nov. 17th: Booster Club Dining Night out @ Chipotle 5:00-9:00pm. Detailed info below.
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
- Timeline considerations for moving to hybrid learning--please visit the 2020-21 School Year page on the HSD website for updates on this matter. Click here to go directly to that page. There you will find the current health metrics and resources on the right hand side of the page to review. Weekly updates are sent to families in the HSD Hot News email. The current Hot News was sent today, 10/19/2020.
- Booster Club Dining Night out @ Chipotle info-- For in-person orders, mention our fundraiser prior to paying and we'll earn 33% for our school. When ordering online using their website or app, please use the following code: YKRFMCN . Fundraisers have been a part of our school communities and have supported a variety of activities, supplies, field trips, etc over the past years for our students. This fundraiser will be supporting teachers budgets and needs related to distance learning and/if when we return to school. We know that many of our families have been impacted in different ways regarding COVID-19 and want to make sure that you know there is no expectation to participate and/or donate in any of our fundraising events unless you feel comfortable and capable of doing so. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to Gina McLain, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Crystal Geiger, Booster President at email@example.com.
- Parents can now access key 321 Insight videos for free. Information in these videos may help give you insight or strategies that will make supporting your student at home a little easier. Parent access to 321 Insight Key Videos: go to www.321insight.com. Click Log In. Username: hillsboro Password: parent
October is National Bullying Prevention Month and our SRO, Deputy Curry wanted to share this Kids Internet Safety flyer from the Washington County Community Outreach Team. Click here for English and here for Spanish.
Family Resource Needs
Once again the Hillsboro Elks are sponsoring two different opportunities this year for families:
- Holiday food and gift baskets--this is a first come, first serve opportunity for families in our district and limited to 500 families district-wide.
- Coat giveaway--it is also a first come, first serve opportunity to provide students with coats and limited to 350 slots district-wide.
Free Meals for All Students
For families living in the “walk zone”, there are meal stops available to you. You do not need to walk out of your neighborhood or to the schools to pick up meals. If you can't find a close meal stop, please reach out and call Transportation at 503-844-1123. They will help you locate a stop closest to your home.
We just found out that HSD will be able to offer free meals to all children through the end of the 2020-21 school year. For more information, please visit the Nutrition Services page of our website.
Family Tech & Digital Tools Support
Lenox Booster Club
Make sure to sign up for an account on the website to receive all Booster related information.