April 4, 2016
April 5 - Report cards go home
April 8 - April 13 - Factory Days for Spring Market
April 8 - Spring Fling (5:00 - 8:00)
April 11 - Book Fair Family Event (4:00 - 6:15)
April 11 - 13 - Book Fair
April 14 - Early Release Day
April 15 - Spring Market Shopping Day
April 18 - Make up day for severe weather
- Spring pictures and/or money are due back April 8th.
- Click here to view the media center newsletter.
- You can shop the Scholastic Book Fair April 11-13 from 7:15 AM - 3:00 PM. A Family Shopping Event will be held Monday, April 11 from 4:00 – 6:15 PM. Prize drawings occur at 4:30 and 5:30.
1. multi-colored transparent pony beads and tri-beads
2. aluminum craft wire
We are also in need of a quilt to use for our table during Shopping Day. If you have a spring quilt we can borrow, please let me know. It will be returned.
- This week the spelling lesson reviews open and closed syllables. When a syllable ends with a long vowel sound, it is an open syllable (pa per), and when a syllable has a short vowel and ends with a consonant (win ter) it is a closed syllable.
- This week we will begin discussing cause and effect, and will look at how writers use cause and effect in their writing.
This week, we will wrap up our unit on measurement by discussing capacity. Today, we learned how to convert cups, pints, quarts and gallons. We learned the story of King George (gallon), who had four queens (quarts), each queen had two princesses (pints), and each princess had two children (cups). See the photo I have attached.
We will also begin adding and subtracting three digit numbers.
There will be a fact test this Thursday. Please continue to help your child study for these fact tests.
This week we will continue our economics unit, and will be reviewing the difference between a good and a service and a producer and a consumer. We will also discuss supply and demand. Our factories will begin production this Friday.