Volume 19, Week 1/23-1/27
Lead Learner's Message
Goooooood evening #BroncoStrong faulty and staff. The twenty-first week of school has been terrific! This past week I challenged the kids to a principal book challenge. The goal is for a child to read The Graveyard Book, take the AR test and come talk to me about the book. Currently the book has been checked out of the library, but I found two additional copies and they will be in the library on Monday. I am looking forward to assisting a student while they are PRINCIPAL FOR A DAY!
I hope you had an eventful weekend, now let's make the upcoming week count! Don't forget to stay #BroncoStrong!
A 10 yr old who views life through a GAIN FRAME
Rabbits and parrots can see behind themselves without even moving their heads!
- Butterflies taste food by standing on top of it! Their taste receptors are in their feet unlike humans who have most on their tongue.
- Most of the dust in your home is actually dead skin! Yuck!
- Although the Stegosaurus dinosaur was over 9 metres long, its brain was only the size of a walnut.
- Humans get a little taller in space because there is no gravity pulling down on them.
- Because of the unusual shape of their legs, kangaroos and emus struggle to walk backwards.
- A hippopotamus may seem huge but it can still run faster than a man.
- Sneezing with your eyes open is impossible.
- The trickiest tongue twister in the English language is apparently "Sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick". Give it a try and see for yourself.
1. 1/30, BB Girls take on Millsap starting at 5:30 pm
2. 1/30, BB Boys travel to Millsap.....games start at 5:00 pm
3. CPI TRAINING ON 1/31 AND 2/1 FROM 4-7PM.
4. TELPAS writing samples will start being collected on Feb. 13th
5. 2/1 is the 100th day of school - please encourage kids to wear neon colors because they are "100 Days BRIGHTER!"
6. Groundhog Day - 2/2
7. February 7th - Faculty Meeting in room 1.
To Do List
1. I NEED AN COLOR CODED LIST OF ALL YOUR KIDDOS BY 1/31. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, REFER TO THE EMAIL I SENT LAST WEDNESDAY.
2. Make sure you have implemented a word wall in your classroom. Please make sure the wall includes the word and a picture for each essential vocabulary term. (see me if you have questions)....by 2/3
3. This may seem silly, but I need EACH teacher to email me the name of their favorite book from when they were young. Please include a picture of the book cover. I STILL NEED THIS FROM SEVERAL OF YOU. (by 2/3)
4. Email me a short blurb about why that was your favorite book. In addition, send me your favorite picture of yourself now and in junior high. (please trust me on these requests) (by 2/3)
Who is this junior high heartbreaker??
Mrs. Bay and Mr. Burchett are completely awesome for attending the Middle School Matters Conference with Mrs. Etzel.
Logan K. is awesomely kind for trying to save a bird that was hit in the parking lot.
Mrs. Elouise is awesomely selfless and never hesitates to help out those in need.