Wells Elementary Explorers
Download our Wells School Info App for free for calendar, directory, etc.!
CFISD 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar
The CFISD School Board approved our 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar Thursday night. Please reference this calendar when planning appointments or vacations so your child does not have to miss instruction and events at school.
For more information, you can visit
Congratulations!! CFISD STUDENT OF THE WEEK: MADDIE FARR
Nov. 18, 2019—Wells Elementary School fourth grade student Maddie Farr is praised by her teachers for being a LEADer (Leadership, Effort, Accountability and Discovery) every day in and out of the classroom.
School: Wells Elementary School
Accomplishments: Farr shows leadership in her choices, gives 100 percent effort in all her assignments and activities, is trustworthy, shows integrity and puts a creative spin on everything she does.
Favorite class: “Reading with Mrs. Hartzler because I love to read. I like our reading choice board because you get to decide what you want to do and when you want to do it.”
Favorite thing to do after class: “I like to ride bikes with my dad and sister. I also like to watch TV.”
Favorite website: “Prodigy, because it is a game to practice math facts.”
Favorite movie: “The BFG, because it is based on a book I like.”
Ambition: “I want to finish all the Harry Potter books because I want to figure it all out.”
What topics/things are you passionate about?: “I like to read and draw.”
What inspires you?: “The read alouds in class inspire me, like the ‘Last Stop on Market Street.’ I can always apply something from the book to my life.”
What three things can’t you live without?: “My family, my books and school.”
What are you most looking forward to this semester?: “I am most looking forward to learning new things.”
BHS "Forthcoming Parade" 9/25/19
What's Happening at Wells?! See Here for the 2019-2020 Big Events at Wells!
2019-2020 School Supplies List
This message is to remind parents of our school policies in reference to item drop offs, lunch visitors and student release.
This is the same information that is in our Handbook and consistent in all communication about procedures. Due to the amount of calls and questions we receive in the front office, we wanted to send out these important reminders to make sure each parent is prepared when they come in to our school. When it comes to district and campus safety procedures and policies, we need your support and patience since we will follow them with fidelity each day.
Car Rider Line: For the cars parked in the street, please do not park between the “Bus Turning Lane Starts Here” sign and our driveway. Our busses need to be able to pull into that part of the street in order to turn into our drive. When cars stop at that sign to leave that area open that allows our busses to get to their drive and start dropping off or loading students much sooner than if they had to wait in the car rider line. For a visual, please review our Car Rider Reminders.
If you are picking up your student early from school or changing their afternoon transportation:
- Please send a note in the morning so that our front office staff can have time to record the change, deliver a sticker to the student and notify the teacher.
- If you are not able to send a note, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A scanned copy of the parent/guardian ID must accompany the email and the email will need to be received a minimum of 2 hours before you would like to pick up your child.
- If it is an emergency and you were unable to send a note, please understand that it will take at least 15 to 20 minutes to retrieve your child out of class and get to the front office.
- Your ID will always be required when picking up your student.
Remember all transportation changes and early release requests must be received before 3:00 PM.
The latest possible student check out time is 3:40 pm, please make sure to arrive well before your requested check out time so that we are able to verify your identity and retrieve the student.
If the student will be having lunch visitors on a designated lunch visitor day:
- Please be aware of your child’s lunch time and lunch visitor days which are posted on the School Info App for your reference. There are occasional times when we have designated “No Lunch Visitors” on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays so please check the Wells School App calendar to see if lunch visitors are invited before you plan on coming up.
- Allow plenty of time to go through our security procedures (10-20 minutes)
- Your ID will always be required to obtain access to visit the campus for any reason
- If someone other than the parent/guardian will be visiting the student for lunch (this includes emergency contacts as they are for emergency situations only), a permission note from the parent is required for the visitor each time that person visits and that visitor must be on the emergency contact list as well. Sending the note in the morning helps speed things along when the visitor arrives.
If you need to drop off something to your student:
- Only parents or guardians are allowed to drop off food or other items for their child.
- Please allow 15 to 20 minutes so that you can make sure you are through our security check procedures in time for your child to receive the item.
- We would ask that you limit your drop offs to emergency or high priority occasions.
- No outside food, flowers, candy, etc. deliveries will be accepted for students.
- We will not accept drop offs of flowers, candy, balloons or other celebratory items for students.
- If it is something the child really needs, we will do our best to have it available for them, if staff is available. This is a courtesy we try to provide, but is not guaranteed since we do not have extra staff to designate for deliveries. On testing days or special event days, there will be no deliveries.
We understand that these procedures may cause some inconvenience if you are not prepared, so thank you for doing your part to help keep student safety our top priority.
Volunteer in Public Schools (VIPS) Registration Information
Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS) participating in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD schools make a significant contribution to the education of children. Each school year, thousands of volunteers donate hundreds of thousands of hours of service to the school district. Volunteers contribute in areas such as library aide, workroom help, campus events, fundraisers, staff appreciation luncheons, mentoring, public relations, tutoring and assisting in instructional areas.
To create a Volunteer Portal Account go to cfisd.net > Community Involvement > Volunteer
VOLUNTEERS: PARENT, GRANDPARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
If you are the parent, grandparent or legal guardian of a student enrolled in the CFISD school where you wish to volunteer, please register with the district by:
- Creating a Volunteer Portal Account (receiving your password from email@example.com may take up to 5 business days).
- Contacting your school’s Community Engagement liaison for additional volunteer opportunities at your campus.
A record of your volunteer hours is of vital importance to the school where you volunteer and to the district. Please remember to document all your volunteer hours in the Raptor Volunteer Portal. All volunteers who have recorded at least one volunteer hour in the current school year will receive an invitation to the annual VIPS Appreciation Luncheon.
It is very important that the information you enter on the form matches your government issued identification card including your full legal name. It is also important that you provide a valid email address so you can be notified as to the status of your account and for future communication. All information collected on the form will remain confidential and not be shared outside the volunteer program.
We love having so many parents helping here at Wells Elementary School.
The staff at Wells appreciate your time volunteering.
Calling all Wells Potential Business Partners and Donors
Call the school at 832-349-7400 if you need additional information.
All New Kindergarten Parents: Please see below for the ABC's of Kinder
Meet Our @CFISDWells Staff!
@CFISDWells Leadership Team
Back Row: Ann Pruitt (1st, 3rd, 5th AP), Charlotte Miller (Counselor), Cheryl Fisher (Principal), Lynlea Dickerson (ELAR Inst. Specialist), Julie LeCompte (Librarian) Front Row: Suzanne Davies (K, 2nd, 4th AP), Cathy Hensley (Nurse), Megan Breidenthal (Math/Sci Inst. Specialist)
@WellsLargeGroup and Specials
Top Row: Tiffany Cheadle, Jeri Adams, Jessica South, Darla Cosban Bottom Row: Erika Sanchez, Marylin Logback, Amber Perkins, Neela Rodriguez
Top Row: Tammy Gonzales, Anna Fisher, Caitlin Rader, Sara Corl Bottom Row: Sarah Hoppel, Mackenzie Clark, Lauren Oakes, Emily Chambers
Top Row: Melissa Mican (Math/Sci), Rachelle Winter (Math/Sci), Harlie Mudie (Math/Sci), Melissa Higdon (ELAR) Bottom Row: Kelly Hawkins (Self-Contained), Beverly Keck (ELAR), Molly Maddux (ELAR)
Top Row: Amanda Klam, (Math/Sci) Ashley Allbright (Math/Sci), Kisa Fields (ELAR) Bottom Row: Paxton Mooney (ELAR), Shartrece Williams (Math/Sci) (Not pictured is Laura Hernandez)
Top Row: Megan Weerts (ELAR), Sharee Morris (Math/Sci), Taylor Rathmell (Math/Sci) Bottom Row: Lauren Bohm (Math/Sci), Kyndra Hartzler (ELAR), Amanda White (ELAR)
Top Row: Jamie Moser (ELAR), Jamie Lahr (Math), Heather Welch (Sci), Heather Barnett (ELAR) Bottom Row: Maria Aguilar (ELAR), Zaina Hussein (Math), Mech Lam (Sci)
Top Row: Danielle Eddleman, Cristol Alvarez, Ruthie Davis, Jisseth Rivera, Melinda Garza, Lynn Duff, Felicia Kocura, Autumn Foster Bottom Row: Shani Bentsen, Rebecca van Es, Karen Zwick, Kassandra Hernandez
For more information about Child Find Services click on the document below
Set up your account now for School Cash Online!!
Sign up with School Messenger for all CFISD & Wells Communication Including Emergency Notifications & School Closures
Follow Mrs. Fisher on Twitter at @CyFairCFisher!
#ExploreWells Video- watch to learn more about our campus, namesakes, & development
We were LIVE on Fox 26 News August 15th!
Please view the Faculty Web Page link below to find your child's teacher's website
ESL Classes for Parents
If your child is enrolled in a Cypress-Fairbanks school and you want to learn English, you are invited to enroll in the ESL classes for parents.
English classes are FREE! Three levels of English are available – Intro Beginner and Intermediate.
See below for more information.