Summer 2018 Edition
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER BREAK!
SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND ORDER YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES ONLINE! This is a great way to take care of all your school supplies for next year and save yourself the stress of shopping around. Everything your student will need is included in the packet EXCEPT your child's backpack. How easy is this!
6th Grade Band Camp Information
SUMMER SERVINGS INFORMATION
Thank you to all parents and families for a wonderful school year! We could not provide our events and school support without your continued support! We look forward to seeing you next year at our Back to School Picnic on August 10th at 6pm.
If you are interested in helping the PTO with planning for next school year, please contact PTOacton@gmail.com. We are already working on plans for next year and would love your help!
We are working on some exciting updates for our school! For our new "Literacy Lounge" we need your help stocking it with gently used books of all reading levels- from picture books to chapter books. We are also seeking: bookshelves, couches, chairs, side tables, rugs and misc. decor. If you have books to donate, please send them in "Attn: PTO" or drop them at the office. If you have furniture, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
31 SkyZone-Acton Take Over Night 4-9
24 Wanamaker Old Settlers Day
30 Back to School Night/Ice Cream Social
31 Professional Day for Teachers
1 First student day
3 Labor Day
7 Mid-term grades posted
5 End of Quarter
10-11 Elementary Parent/Teacher Conferences
15-19 Fall Break
22 Students return
6TH GRADE IMMUNIZATIONS
The Indiana State Dept. of Health requires all incoming 6th graders to receive additional shots prior to starting 6th grade. The required immunizations are Tdap and MCV4. The Hepatitis A series should be started if not already completed. Please contact your student’s doctor as soon as possible to schedule an appointment before school starts August 1, 2018. If your student is 11, and has already had these vaccinations, please send a copy of the updated vaccinations to the Acton clinic. Our fax number is 317-862-7251. Even if your student will not be 11 before the beginning of 6th grade, they are still required to have the immunizations by August 1, 2018.
Marion County Health Department has immunization appointments and walk-in clinic hours. Their cost is $20 regardless of the number of immunizations needed. The closest Health Department office is 505 E. National Ave. and their phone number is 317-221-5700.
If you have any questions please contact the clinic at 317-803-5104.
2018-2019 IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
The State of Indiana has published the new immunization requirements for the 2018-19 school year. Below you will find how the new requirements affect different grade levels.
· Hepatitis A will be required for grades K-4, 6, and 12. Requirements have been phased in the last few years, eventually to be required at all levels. Hepatitis A is a series of 2 shots given 6 months apart.
· Tdap and MCV4, as well as 2 doses of Hep A, are required for all students for grade 6. Parents of current 5th graders should arrange appointments now. If your student is not yet 11 years old, arrange the appointment for the few days after the birthday. A second dose of MCV4, as well as 2 doses of Hep A, are required for grade 12. Parents of current 11th graders should arrange appointments now so that the shots are completed prior to the start of school.
Please contact your student’s doctor now so that appointments are available and may be completed prior to the start of school. The availability of appointments diminishes greatly as summer approaches. The Marion County Health Department’s phone is 317-221-5700, and offers appointments on some days of the week. In addition to private providers and the MCHD, other resources include Walgreen’s clinics or other pharmacies. Please confirm for your particular insurance coverage and for minimum age, if applicable.
Looking for something to do this summer?
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
If you plan to volunteer next year please follow these instructions to get your background check started
The following volunteers will need a criminal history check:
1. Any person who will be working with students for extended periods of time – either consecutive hours or on a regular schedule.
2. Any person who will be in a position to supervise students – this includes but not limited to field trips (at all levels, including band and choir trips) or taking a group of students out of a classroom for remediation work.
3. Any person who will be alone with a student.
*NOTE: VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE NO LONGER FREE OF CHARGE. THE FEE IS APPROXIMATELY $16.00 PER VOLUNTEER. If you wish to proceed, please follow the instructions and click on link below.
• Please select VOLUNTEER for "Position"
• Make sure your name is spelled correctly
• Please complete the entire form, all fields with *are required
• Please select the school or schools for which you request to volunteer
• Select I Agree and then Submit
All schools have access to the volunteer data base and can verify a clear background check. If there is an issue with the background check that will affect the ability to volunteer, that volunteer will be notified. This comprehensive background check will be active for two years. You will receive an email notification once the background check is clear. You will also be notified when it is about to expire.
Below is the link to pre-register. Thank you for helping us keep our kids safe.
We are very excited to welcome our new Future Flashes into our schools for the upcoming school year! Below you will find all the information you need to get your student enrolled. Follow the steps to begin registration!
1. Determine which school your student will attend by following the link to our School Boundary Map. Alternatively, you can enter your address and grade level on the School/Transportation Search page to find your school.
2. Gather the following documents:
- 1 proof of residency (Utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Student’s birth certificate (Student needs to be at least five (5) years old by August 1st)
- Immunization records
- Photo ID
3. Complete the online registration form:
- If you are NEW to Franklin Township Schools, complete the form here.
- If you have a student currently enrolled, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent portal account and follow the Online Registration link to register your NEW student. If you need your Infinite Campus Parent portal login information, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, you may visit your elementary school to complete registration at one of our computer kiosks.
4. Bring your documents to your elementary school for processing.