Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
Week of December 9 - 11, 2015
GEN ED/SPED TEACHERS MEET MONDAY DURING CONFERENCE TIME
FIRE DRILL THIS WEEK!!!!
Tier 2 Meetings Rescheduled
If you need a sub after 4:00 pm
Speaking of Aesop...please put your absence (both personal and sick) into Aesop as soon as you know you are going to be out. This gives the system plenty of time to find a substitute. If you have any questions about Aesop, please talk with Christine or Paul Hunt.
PLC's this week...
Electronic Signatures on Observations
December Door Decorating Contest
Maintenance Form in Eduphoria
Here is a link with more information:
Early Release Specials Schedule
- 7:55-8:45 - 1st Grade
- 8:50-9:40 - Kindergarten
2nd, 3rd and 4th grade will not have specials on this day
- 7:55-8:45 - 4th Grade
- 8:50-9:40 - 3rd Grade
- 9:45-10:35 - 2nd Grade
1st and Kindergarten will not have specials on this day
PLC will not take place on December 17th or 18th.
December 17th is a full work day for staff. The afternoon is devoted to vertical team meetings and curriculum.
December 18th all district staff will be released at 2:00 pm.
Faculty Holiday Party
The date is getting close...are you excited?
When: December 12, 2015 - early Karoake and appetizers from 7:00-9:00 pm
Where: Spotlight Karoake Bar
Cost: $5/person if you are coming early at 7:00 pm for singing and food
Just because I am slightly competitve, I would like elementary to have the biggest number of staff show up:-)
Please pay Christine your $5 between now and December 10th. She will issue you a receipt when you pay. Can't wait to hear some singing talent!
Weekly Attendance Goal
The gauntlet has been thrown down...if we reach 97% or higher at the end of the 2nd nine weeks, I will have to kiss a pig.
In the spirit of the holidays, instead of a weekly Dr. Seuss quote, I am going to include clips from my favorite holiday movie...ELF!
Today's clip shows a very useful way to put the star on the top of your Christmas tree...
- Barbara Erwin - December 11th
We hope you have a wonderful birthday Barbara!!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- December 4th - 6 weeks grade check
- December 7th - Gen Ed/Sped Teachers meet during conference time
- December 8th - LVES Family Fun Night at PD!, 4:00-9:00 pm
- December 9th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Nutcracker
- December 10th - Michelle out for meeting, 1:00 pm
- December 11th - Seussical Performance at LVES, 9:30 am - change from original dates
- December 12th - Faculty Christmas Party at Spotlight Karaoke, 7:00 pm
- December 15th - Michelle out for admin meeting, 9:00 am
- December 15th - Winter Choir Performance, 2:00 and 7:00pm
- December 17th - Early Release at 11:30 am
- December 18th - Early Release at 11:30 am
- December 18th - End of 1st semester