Coronavirus Updates & Information
Useful Links for Families
Information for Families
We have been monitoring the coronavirus situation carefully and following all guidelines set by our Diocese, local authorities, State Health Department, CDC and official health information. The purpose of this newsletter is to share facts and information, and to give you some suggestions of great websites for children.
For important updates, we will notify you in the following way:
St. Mary's School Website
Please don't hesitate to be in touch with questions or concerns,
Dr. Clara O. Magallanes, IMG, M. Ed.
St. Mary's School Counselor
This site is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Just click the button and it will take you to the website.
Free Educational Websites for Home
Sometimes screen time is a necessity if we have children at home and work we need to do. Here are some apps that make screen time a learning time:
- CodeMonkey: a game-based education program that teaches children to code. It comes with a membership fee, but there's a free 14-day trial that doesn't require a credit card.
- BrainPop: Online learning across subject areas for children in kindergarten through middle school and ELL learning for all age groups. Free.
- Khan Academy: Online learning in math, science, and literacy for all age groups. Standards-aligned. Free.
- Starfall: Fun, interactive educational activities for children K-3 - specializing in reading, phonics & math - educational games, movies, books, songs, and more.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Interactive learning journeys for all ages.
Click here for facts sheets, posters, and resources for your school/classroom.