News From the Nest
April 17 - April 21
Dear Falcon Families,
We are looking forward to celebrating our incredible staff during Staff Appreciation Week this week! Please see the exciting schedule below.
You have until 9:00pm on Wednesday, April 19 to vote for the classroom makeover recipient! Please vote here.
We are quickly approaching 4th Quarter Progress Reports and only 6 weeks remain in the 2022-2023 school school. Let's finish the school year strong!
Trevor Honohan, Principal
The Audubon Park School K8
- 4/17: TDAP Immunization Event
- 4/17 - 4/21: Staff Appreciation Week
- 4/19: Yum Yum Pops for Sale After School
- 4/24 - 4/28: Spring Book Fair
- 4/25: SAC Meeting, 3:15pm
- 4/26: Cookies and Lemonade for Sale After School
- 4/27: Elementary Music Concert, 6:30pm
- 4/28: Parents' Night Out, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- 5/1: FAST ELA 3rd - 5th Grade
- 5/2: FAST ELA 6th - 8th Grade
- 5/3: FAST Math 3rd - 5th Grade/LONG Wednesday (Dismissal at 3pm)/Yum Yum Pops for Sale After School
- 5/4: FAST Math 6th - 8th Grade
- 5/5: BEST Algebra and Geometry
- 5/8: NGSSS Civics and 5th/8th Science
- 5/9: NGSSS 5th/8th Science
- 5/10: LONG Wednesday (Dismissal at 3pm)/Cookies and Lemonade for Sale After School/Middle School Sports Banquet
- 5/19: 8th Grade Gradventure
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
CLASSROOM MAKEOVER CONTEST
As part of Staff Appreciation Week, one lucky classroom will win a makeover provided by Chill Hut Design! You get to vote for the winner!
Voting will be open April 9 through April 19 at 9:00 PM, and you can cast one vote per e-mail address. Feel free to share with your family and friends! The winner will be announced on the APS morning news on April 21, as well as on social media.
To vote, scan the QR code or click here.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
The Book Fair will be back at APS from April 24 - April 28!
If you can help make our Book Fair a success, please sign up to volunteer here.
Scholastic eWallet is cashless and our prefered form of payment. Please set up your child's eWallet here. Remember to share your child's eWallet link with family and friends to build up their book fund!
END OF YEAR TESTING
At Falcon Fling we unveiled our largest capital improvement project to date, Audubon Recreation Complex (ARC).
Audubon Recreation Complex (ARC) will transform the schools ONLY play space into a state of the art recreational complex. The new space will include:
Outdoor Learning Space
Mature shade trees around the complex
Purposed play areas to include favorite games like Four Square, Gaga Ball, Hopscotch and more
Paver space with seating
Newly mulched playground
Many of you might not understand the state of what this space currently looks like. Please take a few minutes to watch this video. APS students explain how it feels to play in the area.
As we mark our 5th year, my hope is to make Audubon Recreation Complex a reality. This capital project will benefit ALL of our students and staff for years to come. Please consider leaving your family’s legacy at APS and become a founding donor.
Thank you for your continued support.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TRIP TO COSTA RICA
APS is rerouting their 2024 tour to Costa Rica and Panama in July 2024.
The itinerary will visit places like Guanacaste, Arenal region, San José, Panama City, Panama Canal among other regions.
To receive information please email Sra. Goode
TDAP IMMUNIZATION EVENT
Florida law states students must have all required immunizations. 11 year-olds are eligible for the Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis immunization also known as Tdap. We’ll have a FREE immunization event on April 17. Please look for the required forms going home with your child.