MVVS News and Notes
It takes a village...
We will Engage, Challenge, and Support All Learners
Kindergarteners Visit MVVS
MVVS Falcon Mascot Name
Mont Vernon Fire Station Visits K-3
- Kindergarten visited today
- Grades 1-3, 10/20, 8:15-9:15a
Thank you to our Mont Vernon Fire Department for hosting us!
Grade 6 Student Leaders Update
Coffee with Tom
MVVS Movie Night
- Remote Device Survey: Please check your respective Powerschool accounts for a survey from the District regarding Remote Day device needs.
- Food Service Vacancy: MVVS has had a vacancy for a food service worker. Please click here for more information. We would love to have you SOAR with us at MVVS!!!
- Parent Conferences: We are looking forward to our parents conferences during the week of October 31st. You will hear from respective grade level teachers regarding the conference schedule. We will have sign up slots during our early release time on November 4th and that afternoon/evening.
- Operation Pumpkin: It has been a tradition for many years for Souhegan students (ethics forum) to visit MVVS in October to give each of our students pumpkins to decorate. Also, they perform a creative themed skit for our whole school. The day culminates with a costume parade with our K-3 students. More information will be coming. The date of the festivities is Friday, October 29th.
- Halloween Costume Reminders: As students begin to prepare their costumes for 10/29. Just a friendly reminder that costumes are school appropriate. Please click here for guidelines. Thank you!
- Social Media Reminders - Recently there have been some concerning trends in social media that students might be aware of. These "challenges" have been well publicized in the news. If your child is on social media, this is a great opportunity to have a conversation about digital citizenship and making responsible choices. Thank you for your help with this...it takes a village!
- Attendance: ALL changes to daily attendance (absence, tardy, dismissal) should be entered into PUP instead of emailed to teachers.
- Parent Drop Off: Begins at 7:35a. We are trying to be more efficient in how we manage drop off so that groups of cars will all let students out at the same time as they pull all the way up the line. We have staff on duty to help, if need be, with the car doors :)
- Holiday Needs: If your family has needs for the holiday season, please reach out to Anna Girard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kim Deppen (email@example.com).
In-Person Club Announcement! We are excited to offer a couple of after-school clubs this year; ROBOTICS CLUB (grades 4-6) and CHESS CLUB (grades 3-6). We are still in the planning stages, and need to assess interest and volunteer availabiltiy. Please fill out the one or both surveys from the links below if your child has interest in participating. Signups close on Sat, 10/16/21!
Chess Club Survey https://forms.gle/QQ7tU3iwybY9gTQT7
Robotics Club Survey: https://forms.gle/g5qCzWdkKVdgkRNP6
COVID Guidelines Update
- Masks are required indoors for students and staff.
- Designated volunteers will be allowed to access the building.
- Parent meetings can be done remotely or in-person with masks.
- Students are permitted to remove masks to have a snack each morning.
- Lunches are in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and outside if possible.
- We are integrating mask breaks into our day.
- Masks are not be required in playground and outdoor areas.
10/15 - PTA Sponsored Movie Night
10/29 - Operation Pumpkin
11/2 - Picture Retake Day