AP Testing Registration
Royal's Deadline to Register: November 10, 2020
Para traducir este mensaje haga clic arriba para la pantalla del teléfono y a la derecha en la pantalla del ordenador.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT TESTING 2020-2021
We know this year, distance learning, and the pandemic have created new academic and social challenges for you as students and families. We at Royal share in that, and we are extremely proud that you have taken on the challenge of a rigorous Advanced Placement course. This site will help guide you through the official AP Registration Process. There are some key steps you need to be aware of to register correctly. For any questions, after you review this document and throughout this process, please email Mr. Dobson (Assistant Principal and AP Coordinator).
Students taking AP exams for full year courses starting in August 2020 at Royal High School must register for their exams on the College Board site AND the Total Registration site by 11:59 pm, November 10, 2020. (Note: for the Semester 2 AP Macroeconomics Courses the deadline will be March 5th, 2021)
For any questions throughout this process contact Mr. Dobson's Office at 805-306-4875 (ext 2712).
College Board's 2021 School Year Support Page (Updates forthcoming)
IMPORTANT: The 2 Steps to Officially Register...
- The College Board AP Classroom Registration (Instructions Below)
- The Total Registration System (for paying required testing fees)
Be sure to use the same email address for both (use your official SVUSD email address).
BOTH must be completed by the required dates to officially be registered for AP Testing.
STEP 1: Register Online for Each of Your AP Classrooms
- All students need to have a College Board account in order to register for AP exams.
- Students must go to the College Board website and click on the Sign-Up button (this will allow you to create your online account). If you already have a College Board account, ensure that you can log-in successfully.
- Each AP course you are scheduled to take has a specific JOIN CODE for that period on the online AP Classroom (regardless of Cohort A or B - it is the same period). You can get this from your teacher and the Total Registration site (info below). Once you are in the online system, click the course or exam and enter the join code. COMPLETE THIS BY OCTOBER 2nd (even if you are a Period 5 or 6 AP Student).
- You must complete this Join Code Step for each AP Course you are taking this year
- You can also access assignments and resource videos for your course here as well
CLICK THESE FOR ADDITIONAL HELP FOR THIS STEP...
STEP 2: Accessing and Paying on the Total Registration System
- Total Registration is a required platform where you pay your registration fees. This system communicates with the College Board site. If you do not complete this step, along with the College Board step, you will not be fully registered to take your test.
- Begin the process by registering at Total Registration. If you have registered for an AP exam in the past, please use the same account to register this year.
- Royal's official payment/registration site link will open on September 16th, 2020. There is a link on the RHS Homepage and you can also access it HERE.
- ALL AP students must go to Total Registration and sign up for all of their AP classes. This is how they will get their Join Codes to join all of their courses on the College Board website (required). Here you will indicate both the AP courses you are taking this year and the exams you wish to take. You will receive your join codes and directions to complete the second required step.
- Any exam fees will be paid online so be sure to have a debit card or credit card available before beginning registration. Please be aware there are certain dates and associated late fees for Royal's AP Testing registration (refer to those below).
Registration Costs and Deadlines
To ensure that Registration happens in a timely manner and to coordinate our full-school order in time, the following dates have been established for this year:
- $95 per exam from 9/16-10/30
- $20 late fee per exam from 10/31 -11/10
- $40 late fee per exam from 11/11 - 3/5/21
- Last day to register for AP exams is 11:59 pm, March 5, 2021
- Sep 16, 2020 - Registration Opens in Total Registration
- Oct 31, 2020 - $20 late fee is added
- Nov 12, 2020 - Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam.
- Mar 5, 2021 - Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund in Total Registration.
- Mar 5, 2021 - Registration Ends
Testing Fees & Financial Support...
1. FREE & REDUCED LUNCH STATUS
If you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, your fee will only be $20 per test. To show us you are eligible for this, you need to bring in the copy of the letter your family received from SVUSD stating that you qualify for free or reduced meals.
- Bring this copy to Mrs. Jean Hodges at Mr. Dobson's office.
- If you do not have this letter, please email email@example.com (Do this now! Don't wait.)
- Due to confidentiality, this must be picked up in person at the District Office by your parent/guardian.
- If you need it mailed home, this will take a few business days. Again - do it now.
- Once this letter is turned in to RHS, Mr. Dobson will review it and approve
- You will receive notification from the Total Registration System for your reduced payment
- Please act fast and adhere to all deadlines
2. APPLYING FOR A TESTING DISCOUNT
- If you would like to qualify for a testing discount you must qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch status. You may apply for this via the SVUSD website (Child Nutrition site).
- You will apply there online
- Approval can take more than two weeks, so you will need to this immediately
- If approved, bring your approval letter to Mrs. Hodges at Mr. Dobson's office
3. PAYMENT PLAN
If you do not qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, we can still offer you a special payment plan to satisfy your testing fee. For the 20-21 year, the payment plan will be set up as follows:
- See Mrs. Hodges for a Payment Plan Application
- The 20-21 Payment Plan will require you to pay 50% of your testing fees by December 17th, 2020 and the final 50% by March 5th, 2021.
- Payments are made to our Clerk Ms. Rotellini in the ASB Office
- For questions about this contact Mr. Dobson
Click here to review the College Board's policies and procedures for AP testing accommodations.
You may also review this page to learn about Eligibility Requirements for AP Testing accommodations.
Royal's deadline to submit your student's information is January 15th, 2021 to apply these to this year's AP Testing. While Mr. Dobson's and Royal's SSD Coordinator will be working to guarantee these to students, you may reach out to Mr. Dobson with any questions and concerns for this. Making sure students get the accommodations they rightly and legally deserve is our goal.
Some AP Resources and Tools to Get You Started...
- Kaplan AP Testing Resources (and YouTube Resource Links)