And how to get started
How to become a U.S. citizen
To start naturalization you have to be at least 18 years old and have to have been a resident for 5 years you must also meet the other requirements
Here are the steps to become a citizen
- Determine if you are already a U.S. citizen.
- Determine your eligibility to become a U.S. citizen.
- Prepare Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Go to the biometrics appointment, if applicable
6A. Application contenued
7. Receive a decision from USCIS on your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
8. Receive a notice to take the Oath of Allegiance.
9. Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States
10. Understanding U.S. citizenship