Brianna Smiddy & Thomas Gibson
Name; john Wycliffe
Birthday; 1338 (No exact month and day)
Death date; December 31, 1384 (Lutherworth,United Kingdom)
Mayjor protest against the church
The king owned 3/4 of the land and made the poor pay. Transferred 750 words into latin bible. He said you should have a bible you can read and understand yourself.
when John wycliffe fits into the reformation
In the fourteenth century arose in england, Morning stars of the reformation. John wycliffe was the herald of reform not for England alone; but for christendom.
this is a late picture of John.
Mayjor events of reformation
The great protest against Rome (Which it was permitted him to utter) Was never to be silenced. It should continue.
Map of the area in which John Wycliffe had the greatest impact on
Quotes By John Wycliffe
1. I believe that in the end the truth will conquer.
2. This bible is for the government of the people by the people and for the people.
3. Private confession was not ordered by christ and was not used by the apostles.
4. The higher the hill the stronger the wind; so the loftier the life, the stronger the enemy's temptations.
5. In order to existense of such a ministry in the church, there is requisite an authority recieved from god ,and consequently power and knowledge imparted from god for the exercise of such ministry; and where a man possesses these, although the bis.
Major works that were produced
he initated the first of the bible into English language and is considered the main precursor of the protestant reformation.
Short answer ;
1. What changes did John Wycliffe make to the bible ? Explain.
2.What are the reasons John Wycliffe wanted to reform the king?
3. What are did John Wycliffe have the greatest impact on?
B. United States
4. How many words did John Wycliffe transfer the bible into latin?