Dalton Bartz and Christpher Murphey
India Best Mountians.
- The highest mountain range Himalayas means “abode of snow” is the one of the youngest mountain ranges in the world.
- The Purvanchal Range is the extension of the Great Himalaya range in north-east region of India.
- The Vindhya geographically separates the Northern India from the Southern India as it runs across the central India.
- The Satpura Range is a mountain range that stretches through the states in the central part of India.
- The Aravali range is the oldest mountain range in India.
- About sixty percent of the Sahyadri Range are located in the state of Karnataka.
- The Eastern Ghats is an irregular range of mountains.
Deserts of India
- Desert Mountain Valley of Lahaul and Spiti is surrounded by high mountain ranges and receives heavy snowfalls during the winter and cut from rest of India by eight months of the year.
- White Salt Desert of kutch is dead land but a beautiful home for rich and amazing wildlife along with a festival called the Rann Utsav and unique handicrafts.
- The Great Indian Sand Desert or Thar Desert is the most popular and famous desert and ranked as 7th largest desert in the world.
- The Ganges, originates in the Himalayas at Gaumukh flowing into the bay of Bay of Bengal is the most sacred river of India and the longest river in India.
- Yamuna River is a major river and most polluted river of the Indian subcontinent rising form Yamunotri in Himalaya mountians the and merges with Himalaya mountians the Ganges at Triveni Sangam, Allahabad, the site for the Kumbha Mela.
- Saraswati is an ancient river that flowed in northern India during the vedic era. Although the river does not have a physical existence today, the ancient river lost in the desert.
- The Narmada is one of the most sacred of the seven holy rivers of India.
- Kshipra rises in the Vindhya Range north of Dhar and flows south across the Malwa Plateau to join the Chambal River. It is one of the sacred rivers in Hinduism.
- The river Godavari originates near Trimbak in Nashik flows towards the Eastern Ghats into the Bay of Bengal.
- It originates from the Brahmagiri Hill in the Western Ghats flow towards the Bay of Bengal.
Lakes Of India
- Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia and the largest in India, is located in Jammu and Kashmir. It is measures 24 kms across and surrounded by towering mountains.
- Damdama Lake is one of the biggest natural lakes in Haryana.
- Dal Lake is one of the most Beutiful Lakes of India and is the second largest in the J&K valley. This is one of the most famous lakes in India and an icon of the Kashmir tourism industry.
- Lake Pichola is an artificial fresh water lake situated in Udaipur city in Rajasthan.
- Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world. This fresh-water lake is located northeast of the Kangchenjunga range in Sikkim.
- Chilka Lake is the brackish water lake and is the largest coastal lake in India. ##
- Vembanad Lake is India’s longest lake and is the largest lakes in the beautiful state Land of god, Kerala.
- The pride of Bhimtal is a beautiful lake which offers magnificent vistas for tourists.
- Upper lake is the largest artificial lake in Asia, situated in “City of Lakes” called Bhopal.
Some of the largest cities in India such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai have a huge impact on the economy of the country. Mumbai contributes so much that it is also referred as the commercial capital of the country. Bangalore which is known as the IT hub of the country is another important city of the country.