St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin - December 8, 2019
2nd WEEK of ADVENT
Advent is a four-week period that marks the beginning of the Christmas season. It is a time of spiritual preparation before the celebration of the birth of Christ. The period of Advent involves reflection about what it meant for the world before Christ came and preparing the church and hearts for the true meaning of Christmas. Our Advent assemblies (led by Gr. 4 leadership) will start Monday, December 2nd in period 1. We will gather as a school in the gym on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's for prayer/reflection. Our Parents are always welcome to join us.
Our theme this year is the Christmas story from different gospels.
PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
Please note that the PreK and Kindergarten classes will be performing together in our school gymnasium on December 11 and 12 during the day. **No ticket purchases needed**
Wednesday, December 11th: M/W ECS and Pre-K AM @ 10:00am
Thursday, December 12th: T/TH ECS and Pre-K PM @ 1:30pm
Location: St. Pat's Gymnasium
GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR CHRISTMAS!
GRADES 1-4 CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
Each family can buy up to 4 tickets for the show that their children are in.
COST: $7 each
- Tickets go on SALE November 27th-December 7th and are WALK-UP ONLY
- NO ONLINE SALES available
Tickets need to be purchased at the Lougheed Center
The staff at the Lougheed have been given "family lists" where ticket sales can be tracked so all families have equal opportunity to see their children perform. Special consideration have also been made for blended family dynamics.
On December 9th, any tickets not purchased for each show will be released where each family can purchase an additional 2 tickets for the show. This is first come, first serve where these sales will also be tracked to each family.
PLEASE NOTE: The J & P Lougheed staff have requested that no flash photography be used during the performances. This will limit distraction to performers and audience members.
If you cannot afford to purchase tickets, please speak directly to Mr. Charchun and the school community will support your needs confidentially.
MILK ORDER (Q3) - DUE DECEMBER 16TH
Order and payment deadlines:
- Q3 is due December 16 (Runs January 8 - March 20)
- Q4 is due March 16 (Runs April 1 - May 29)
If you have any questions regarding this online form, please contact the school office at 780-672-2177.
ECS/PRE-K VISIT ROSEALTA!
- Dec 11 - PreK AM and MW Kindergarten Christmas Concert @ 10:00 am (School Gym)
- Dec 12 - PreK PM and TTH Kindergarten Christmas Concert @ 1:30 pm (School Gym)
- Dec 13 - Face to Face Ministries presentation
- Dec 13 - Hot Lunch - Edo Japan
- Dec 16 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 16 - Q3 Milk Orders Due
- Dec 17 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 19 - Spin the Wheel/PJ Day
- Dec 20 - School Closure - No School
SPIN THE WHEEL PRINCIPAL'S CHAIR winner
SCHOOL FEES - NOW DUE!
NEW...FIELD TRIP FEES for the year have been applied to ALL student accounts. Field trip fees need to be paid before the field trip date.
Hard copy invoices have been sent home and can be found in PowerSchool. Fees can be paid Online (PowerSchool Parent Portal) or at the school office (Debit, Visa, MasterCard).
Note: If you require financial assistance, Waiver of Fee Application Forms are available (click the link below). Application deadline is: December 13, 2019
WELLNESS MINUTE-WINTER WEATHER TIPS
SCHOOL SAFETY INFORMATION
- Please be aware of the crosswalks in front of our school as our Grade 4 Safety Patrollers are now on duty! **Be safe and use the designated crosswalks**
- Please stay clear of the bus lanes at the beginning and end of the school day
- Families/Students using 54th ave (North Side of School Yard) as a pick up/drop-off location, please use extreme caution. There are no crosswalks and it is a very busy street with heavy traffic
FIRST COMMUNION CLASSES
SFX YOUTH GROUP - GRADES 7-12
COMMUNITY HEALTH MONTHLY BULLETIN
COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS MEALS
Community Christmas Meal
The Church of God is putting on a free community Christmas meal on Saturday Dec. 21st from 5:00
- 7:00 p.m. Everyone Welcome!
Christmas Dinner @ Camrose Legion
Marilyn and Jeanne are hosting a free Christmas Dinner on December 25th from 4:00
p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Camrose Legion (6002 - 50 Ave.) This is for you if you are alone, or
your kids & family are far away, or if you are not up to preparing a Christmas meal ... widowers, widows, couples, kids ... tell your neighbour! You are all welcome. R.S.V.P. is required by December 15th by calling 780-672-3325.
Norsemen Inn Christmas Day Promotion
The Norsemen Inn will once again be offering a free Christmas Dinner to those who otherwise may not be able to enjoy a traditional dinner on this special day.
Please call Chris at the Norsemen Inn at 780-672-9171 to request tickets.
HOW TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
- Call 1-877-246-9970 - option 3
- Use the SchoolMessenger App
- Use the "SchoolMessenger" link in the EICS App (this requires the SchoolMessenger app to be installed on a phone)
- Use https://go.schoolmessenger.ca