SRES Family Newsletter for August 31, 2020
A Note from the Principal
It is an honor to serve as the principal of our amazing school. Thank you for your patience, support, and dedication to our school community. The start of this school year has had many challenges and I appreciate that we have overcome and will continue to overcome together. I am so thankful for all of the hard work of your teachers, instructional aides, custodians, clerks, specialists, and all staff. I am equally thankful for the commitment and effort you as parents continually provide for your kiddos. It truly takes a village to do what we are doing at the high level we are doing it.
I did want to share with you several online learning expectations that may help to support your students at home while distance learning or RVCing.
- Establish routines and expectations for learning. Be dressed and ready to learn at the beginning of the day and keep a regular bedtime.
- Create a space for learning free from distractions
- Help students "own" their learning. Provide support and encouragement to become independent. This takes practice and lots of patience. :)
- Begin and end the day by checking-in. Ask: How will you spend your time? What can I do to help? What did you discover? What could we do to make tomorrow better?
Finally, I wanted to remind everyone that taking photos of other students in the class to post on social media or share is prohibited. Maintaining student confidentiality is very important. We appreciate your support in having a conversation with your students to reinforce the online expectations our teachers have provided students as well.
Become a Sunset Ranch Supporter Today!
Please consider becoming a Sunset Ranch Supporter whether participating in SRES or RVC by completing the flyer included in your student material bags. We need you now more than ever and there are such great perks too!
For more details or to get involved, check out their link for more details. SRES PTC
Let's Read! Get Books from the SRES Library
Log into Destiny by clicking the icon.
Pick up the held book at the Sunset Ranch Library either on Monday from 11 am - 3 pm or Thursday from 2pm-6pm. Pickups will begin Monday, 8/31. Please follow all health and safety protocols with masks and distancing.
If the book is not available when you place a hold, you will get an email when the book is ready.
Remember to bring with you any returns that you may have so you can check out new books.
Lunch @ SRES!
SRES OFFICE IS OPEN
- SRES PTC Virtual Fund Run: September 21-25 More details coming soon!