Asa Packer News
Asa Packer News
Please see below for this week's news.
Registration Gateway - Check Your Student's Information By September 30th!
This is a friendly reminder to update your students' back-to-school information in Registration Gateway. All parents/guardians who are listed as the first contact for their students must review your students' records and sign the online forms before September 30th.
Registration Gateway Link: https://basd-update.hosted.src-solutions.com/login
For instructions to log in, please refer to the letter you received at the start of the school year. If you've misplaced your letter, you may access Registration Gateway from the BASD website Parents and Students page. Use your Home Access Center username and password. If you have any questions, please contact your student's school.
Thank you, and again--the deadline is September 30th.
From the PTA
1- Thank you to the 40 families that participated in the Rita’s Dine & Donate week and helped raise $90.73!
2- Volunteer Opportunities! The PTA has the following opportunities to volunteer in the next 2 months: 1) parents to plan and participate in the running of our first Puma Party of the year on October 7th and 2) volunteers for our first in person book fair in 3 years. Volunteers may pick time slots to come and assist students in choosing books. If you are interested in one or both volunteer opportunities please contact the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
3- The Walk-a-Thon sponsor forms should have been sent home this week. Make sure to check your student’s folder for this information. The PTA needs 7-8 volunteers for the morning and afternoon sessions to help this event run smoothly. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Shawntay Sabetti at email@example.com
4- PTA membership and room parent forms should be returned by September 16th.
IMPORTANT: You Must Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch
Received Free and Reduced Lunch in the Past?
Unless you received a letter from dining services about your qualification, you need to reapply every year. The deadline to apply is October 12, 2022. Online Application Link (click here)
Questions? Please call Dining Services: 610-861-8135
COVID Reporting Tool For Parents
Parents need to complete the COVID google form. Parents can access the COVID google form on our BASD website and then click "The COVID REPORTING TOOL FOR PARENTS"
Once this COVID google form has been completed the district receives a notification. The district will treat that notification as a non-cummulative absence until the 5 day mandatory period is over or if not symptom free at that point, any additional days until they are symptom free and without a fever for 24 hours.
If the student case is not recorded through the Google Form, they are accountable to the procedures outlined in attendance policy #204.
This week's BASD eNews contains our highlighted staff member from Asa Packer, student from Farmersville, and 1998 Freedom High School graduate. Also included are details on applying for the Innovation and Service Learning Grants for teachers from The Foundation for the Bethlehem Area School. Plus don't forget to check out the section that contains upcoming events and signups in our area for athletics and scouting.
I hope you enjoy the BASD eNews from Dr. Roy - September 15, 2022 edition.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus lane.
- You may park along Kenwood Drive or in designated parking spaces to walk your children to the door.
- Students and parents must use the crosswalks at all times.
- Do not leave your child(ren) unattended outside the school, before or after school hours.
- Follow posted signs. They will be enforced.
- No pets are allowed on school property.
Change in Dismissal
- Send in a written note for any dismissal changes.
- Any last minute dismissal changes after school begins must be communicated to Mrs. Cressman in the office (610-865-0660).
- Do not email or Dojo dismissal changes after 9 a.m.
- If a change occurs during/close to dismissal time, please enter the office to meet your student. Students will not be dismissed verbally at any dismissal door.
Any questions pertaining to transportation should be directed to that particular office. Information regarding district transportation for the 2022-2023 school year will be mailed to your home directly from the Transportation Office shortly. The Transportation Department can be reached at 610-861-0360.
2022 - 2023 School District Calendar
We Are a ClassDojo School!
- Teachers will communicate to guardians about their “Quiet hours” procedures.
- Teachers will respond to emails/messages within 24 hours during the work week.
- Weekend/holiday messages will be responded to by the end of the next school day.