Aug. 24, 2023
Calendar of Events
Staff Shout Outs
Let us know how our staff is doing and help us to recognize them by completing our Staff Shout Out. You can recognize an amazing teacher by filling out a few questions in the link below. We will present them with a Shout Out Certificate that tells what they were recognized for and by who.
Back to School Paperwork
Please remember to hand in your child's Back to School Paperwork by Monday, Aug. 28th. The documents would include:
- All Final Forms
- Educational Benefits Form (if you did not complete online with Final Forms)
- Medication Dispensing form (if you need us to dispense medication to your child at school)
- Agenda/Student Handbook Acknowledgement page
Resources for Families
To Request for Transportation, use the form linked here:
Other forms linked on the Transportation website:
- Permission to Leave Along
- In City Busing Reduction
If your child is riding a MP School Bus, a driver will reach out to you during the week of Aug. 14th-18th to share route pick up and drop off times.
No School Supplies are needed
There are NO required school supplies for your child. All supplies have been made available through our Project Aware funding. If your child is in need of a backpack or lunch box, those can be provided by the school as well! Teachers always welcome disinfectant wipes and Kleenex throughout the school year!
Back to School Tidbits for Families
Here is a list of Back to School helpful hints that benefit both parents and teachers~
1) Label Everything~ Become the queen/king of a permanent marker. Label your child's name on lunchboxes, school supplies, backpacks, water bottles, child's clothes (utilize the inside tags of sweatshirts, jackets, shoes, and snowpants).
2) Send an extra pair of clothes to stay in your child's locker. Put in a ziplock and label with your child's name.
3) Water bottle- send your child to school with a water bottle to have.
4) Have a regular after school transportation plan.
5) Utilize the School Agenda for writing in transportation changes.
GSRP Preschool Program
Vowles GSRP Preschool
Mt. Pleasant Public Schools is excited to announce that we are adding onto our Preschool programs in our district. Vowles and Rosebush are currently accepting applications for students that are 4 or turning 4 between Sept. 1st-Dec. 1st to enroll in our preschool programs. See the information to the right to sign your child up or share with another family. GSRP can be a free preschool or tuition-based if families qualify for sliding scale with other factors.
Remind Text App
All our JK-2nd grade classrooms will be using the Remind App for their classroom communications. This is a great way for them to communicate reminders, easy building or district information, and pictures of learning. Please view your teacher's classroom code in their most recent newsletter, welcome letter, or flyer that may have been sent home.