Band Buzz May 1, 2022
Falcon Band and Color Guard
From the Booster President
Our focus THIS week
1. FBBC meeting on Tuesday, May 3rd. All outgoing and incoming officers required to attend to exchange phone numbers and pass on binders.
2. Wind Ensemble performs at U of H Moore’s Opera House Saturday, May 7th 1-2 pm.
3. Sign-Up Genius to recruit helpers for Band Banquet,
Our focus NEXT week
1. Sign-Up Genius to recruit helpers for Band Banquet.
2. Band Banquet-Saturday 6 to 10 pm at UHCL Bayou Building Large Atrium*
*It has been a busy week and students have been displaced from the band hall due to UIL sight-reading taking place there, making it difficult to turn in forms/checks. Also, students MIGHT be displaced again NEXT WEEK on Tuesday or Wednesday due to STAAR testing. The banquet committee has extended the deadline for purchasing band banquet tickets until Wednesday, May 4th -- May the 4th be with you! Our hope is to see EVERYONE there! The students have worked so hard this year and it is time to celebrate!
Next FBBC Meeting Tuesday, May 3 7PM
Meeting will be on Tuesday, May 3rd at 7:00 pm in the band hall. All outgoing and incoming officers required to attend to exchange phone numbers and pass on binders. Set an alert to make sure you attend so that we can have a quorum to do the following:
· Vote to elect next year’s FBBC Board officers
· Vote on the proposed amendments to the By-Laws
· Vote on end of year budget amendments
Band Banquet- Ticket Sale EXTENDED to May 4th!
Tickets are $20 per person and the 27 senior band students attend FREE of charge. Please print out the attachment, indicate your food choices, and staple your check to the form. You have two options for submitting it.
1. Turn in the form/check to the black box in the band hall.
2. Turn in your form/check to the cooler on the porch at Joy King's house. Address is 15807 Scenic View Drive, Houston, TX 77062. Phone number 281-853-5470.
Email address email@example.com.
The banquet is May 14th from 6 to 10 pm at UHCL Bayou Building Atrium. If you missed the deadline and want to attend the Band Banquet, please contact Joy King ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to order your meals and pay. We want to see everyone at this very special event so please don’t delay!
Looking forward to a wonderful evening! Use the Sign-Up genius to volunteer at the event. If you have any questions, Contact Chrystal Limon (Band Banquet Chair) at email@example.com .
Save These Dates
May 2nd – Freshman Parent Meeting (7 pm)
May 3rd – Falcon Band Booster Club Meeting (7 pm)
May 7th – Wind Ensemble U of H Performance (1 pm)
May 9th, 10th, 11th – Auditions for Band
May 10, 11, 12 – Color Guard Clinic
May 14th – Band Banquet (6 pm to 10 pm)
May 17th – Band Spring Concert
May 18th – Orchestra Spring Concert
May 19 – Grad Band Rehearsal (2:45 pm)
May 19 – Color Guard Solo and Ensemble (6-9 pm in Krueger Field House)
May 21st – Marching Camp (8 am – 3 pm)
May 23, 24 – Grad Band Rehearsal (1 pm)
May 25th – CLHS Graduation (8 pm)
Band Buzz Info
If you would like to contribute to the Band Buzz, then contact the appropriate committee or board member. They can send fully edited information to the following e-mail address: VP@clhsband.org . The deadline for submissions is midnight Thursday night.
If you think that you may have missed an email, you can always find the Band Buzz on our CLHS Band Website.
Feel free to ask questions with one of the contacts in the link below.