Weekday . . . News and Notes
St. Gabriel School ............February 4, 2016
PREVIEW OF CONTENTS
- Frequent Grizzly Links
From the Office / School
- Twitter - NEW
- Catholic Schools Week - ALL School Spirit Day - NEW
- Teacher Appreciation Day - NEW
- 8th Grade pancake breakfast
- Power of the Pen - NEW
- Grizzly Gear Order Deadlines
- Catholic Schools Week Thank you! - NEW
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Full Day Jr. K
- Blog Information
- Girl Scout Service Project - Help Needed ! - NEW
- Birthday Book Club
- Roller Skating
- Grizzly Magnets
- Win One FREE Year Tuition
From the Learning Loft
- Reverse Raffle
From the Parish
- BOK Souper Bowl - NEW
- Five Guys Fundraiser - NEW
- Congratulations ! - NEW
- Track Registration - NEW
- CYO Winter Suvery - NEW
- Catholic Youth Organization (CYO)
- Fish Fry
- Night Prayer
- Electronic Giving
- Submitting School News, Memos and Information
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK 2016
Final day, Friday, February 5, All School Spirit Day!
Spirit Dress Down Day Friday - NEW
Because of the morning of gym activities, sweatpants are allowed tomorrow, Friday, February 5.
HOWEVER NO yoga pants or stretch pants or leggings.
For comfort and healing for the Keith Koenig and Bill Koenig families with the loss of their grandparent/great grandparent.
Corporal & Spiritual Works of Mercy & Social Teaching
- Please have your children hang or place them in a special place in their rooms or other special place in your home.
- In response to Pope Francis' call, St. Gabriel will be celebrating the Jubilee Year of Mercy in a special way through understanding and living these works of mercy and themes of social teaching.
- Pope Francis explains, "There is an important relationship between justice and mercy. Encase mercy with justice. There are not two contradictory realities, but two dimensions of a single reality that unfolds progressively until it culminates in the fullness of love."
- It is the goal of St. Gabriel School to more deeply instill these virtues of compassin and equality throughout the school year, into next fall. Each month our school will be focusing on one or more Corporal and Spiritual worksof Mercy, and one of more of the Catholic Social Teachings.
- Stay tuned for notices and messages sent home from the school and your children's classes.
8th Grade Pancake Breakfast
All proceeds go to support St. Gabriel’s 8th grade class trip
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Serving breakfast from 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
St. Gabriel School Multi-Purpose Room
Children (10 & under): $5
Serving pancakes, sausage, cinnamon apples and beverages.
Pancakes are all-you-can-eat!
PLUS! 50/50 Raffle, Chinese Auction, and Bake Sale
Can’t attend the breakfast? No problem! Stop by and pick up a cup of coffee and some bake sale items to go.
Tickets are available at the door and after masses starting January 30.
For more information, please contact Lisa Petersen at: email@example.com
Power of the Pen Best Wishes! - NEW
Good luck to the junior high Power of the Pen teams who will be competing at University School this weekend in the district level competition.
8th grade team members are Luke Petersen, Jackie Nguyen, Sarah Mancari, and Katrina Kresock.
7th grade team members are Gwen Mascha, Christa Tirabassi, Sophia Kroto, Sadie Judd, Alley Cooney and Katelyn Zitnik.
Good luck to all writers!
St. Gabriel School on Twitter!
Donna Lee Saladino @PrincipalStGabe
If you have any questions about our school Twitter accounts, or need help setting up one for yourself to be able to access and follow our Twitter accounts, contact Mrs. Joyce Gravagna, our school Technology Integration Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 School Year Enrollment ----- ALL
Puxatony Phil saw his shadow and you know what that means... only 3 more weeks till the 2016.17 enrollment form/fees deadline of March 1st.
Please return your 2016.17 enrollment forms/fees to the School Office by March 1st. If you have NOT received your packet please contact the School Office.
Additionally 2016-17 PSAS forms are now available on-line on the school website.
Please direct any questions to the School Office.
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK THANK YOU!!
Roses are red
Jazz bands are snappy
Our parent and student volunteers
Sure make us all happy
Cookies and punch
And hospitality abounded
Our guests and our families
Were truly astounded
Thank you for sharing your children
And thank you for sharing your time
Thanks to all the prayers and hard work
It all made Catholic Schools Week Open House sublime!
Special thank you to all the dedicated parent volunteers who helped with many needs ranging from hanging art work, judging contests and managing student raffle. These varied needs were championed by Mrs. Rozman and her team including Mrs. Snyder, Mrs. Koenig.
To all our hospitality helpers who were expertly guided by Paula Haumesser and her team including Ginny Gaskill, Allison Capella, Izzy Glauser, Kate Heublein, Caden Layer, Nick and Megan Haumesser.
Thank you to the team of outstanding student ambassadors who greeted, toured and represented the school so well.
Thank you to the devoted Barb Schauer and her parent and student volunteer team who managed the used uniform and sweatshirt ordering tables in the Pahler Center.
Thank you to Fr Fred, Maureen Dowd for working together with Andrea Karpuszka and the play cast for leading us in song at Sunday's 11:30AM Mass providing us with such a wonderful way to start our day!
And to the countless parents who brought in cookies in record numbers this year!
Thank you to all.
Girl Scout Service Project - Help Needed - NEW
Boxes of Hope
Service Unit 767 Service Project
Recipient: Project Hope for the Homeless
25 Freedom Rd Painesville Twp., OH 44077
Phone: (440) 354-6417
Fax: (440) 392-0114
The “Boxes of Hope” full of donations are given to families that are leaving the shelter as support while they start over in their new residence.
The “Boxes of Hope” full of donations are given to families that are leaving the shelter as support while they start over in their new residence. This can be as grand or as small of a project as your girls would like to make it. Let them discuss and decide with your help! It is SO easy to make a positive difference in someone’s life! All we need to do is….
1. Have the girls wrap each box in plain paper (top and bottom separately so the box can be filled and then covered). Decorate as many boxes as the girls would like with messages of hope, love, and any other positive message or artwork that your girls would like to share (no names on the boxes please).
2. Collect donations from the wish list below and fill your decorated boxes.
3. Contact Project Hope and arrange a drop off time (if you would like to take your girls, they will receive a wonderful “THANK YOU” and a free tour of the shelter if you would like), OR
Donations most needed include (Informational Flyer):
Birthday Book Club
Celebrate your child’s birthday with the gift of reading. Your seven dollar commemorative donation will be used to purchase a variety of books for the Birthday Book Club.
During your child's birthday month, your child will have the opportunity to select a book from the Club books. He/She will be the first student to check out the book from the library. A nameplate with his/her birthday will be placed inside the front cover.
Summer Birthdays will be celebrated on the half-birthday. We will begin with September Birthdays. (Example: June Birthdays will be celebrated in December)
Fill out the form below and return it to the school office NO later than January 30, 2016, c/o Birthday Book Club, with a donation of $7.00 per child. Please make checks payable to St. Gabriel PTU. Questions? Please contact Paula Haumesser at PHaumesser@st-gabriel.org.
WIN ONE FREE YEAR TUITION
Buy a $10 raffle ticket, participants may buy as many as they like
Buy from the PTU at school gatherings, meetings or go to: http://www.st-gabrielschool.org/ptucraft-boutique-info.html
DRAWING WILL BE AT WALK A THON ON MAY 20, 2015 (Rain date May 27)
* Includes tuition for one child at St. Gabriel School. Non-parishioner, instructional and other fees not included. *
FROM THE LEARNING LOFT
FROM THE PARISH
Five Guys Fundraiser
Congratulations ! - NEW
Congratulations to the entire team for a well-deserved first place."
Track Registration - NEW
TRACK REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Track is offered to boys and girls grades 3 thru 8.
Practices will begin in early March.
You can register by going to www.st-gabrielcyo.org and clicking on the registration tab.
We are also looking for some coaches this year to help out. If you have any interest or questions please contact Michael Pecjak at email@example.com
CYO Survey - NEW
We encourage you to take a few minutes to share your experience with us. The St Gabriel CYO staff and Athletic Advisory Board review your feedback as we evaluate and improve CYO. Please click on the link below to complete your winter season evaluation! Our goal is to receive 100 surveys! It will only take a couple of minutes to complete, so please share your opinion. Please remember the survey should be answered as it relates to OUR CYO program specifically. Game sites, other teams and game officials are not related to this.
The survey can be found by clicking here:St Gabriel End of Season Survey
Catholic Youth Organization (CYO)
St. Gabriel's CYO consists of many sports programs. These include:
Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer, Baseball, Fast Pitch Softball, Track, Cheer.
Watch for announcements for sign-ups, or check out the CYO Grizzly website:
CYO GRIZZLY WEBSITE: www.st-gabrielcyo.org
For more information contact: Mike Pecjak, CYO Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.