Social Studies Leadership Team
- If you have already registered and are planning to attend, then read the information below, RSVP below, and we'll see you Thursday.
- If you have registered and CANNOT attend please let me know via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have have not registered, please do so by clicking on the link below.
Everyone is to bring one copy or link to their favorite lesson or resource to share with your colleagues.
- Introduction/Review of Effective Grading Practices and Standards-Based Grading
- Implementing Interactive Notebooks to Improve Student Achievement
- Report on Writing Items for State Assessment
- Sharing Resources Edcamp
- Identify Needed PD for 2015-16
- Planning for Next Year
Next Meeting Dates, Time, and Room Location
Thursday, March 12th, 7:30am-2:30pm
2413 W Maple Ave
- Thursday, March 12, 2015, Room 102AB
Previous dates included
- Thursday, October 9, 2014 Room, 102AB
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014, Room 102AB
- Monday, February 9, 2015, Room CD
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
In the 2014-15 school year participants will not only continue their work on improving and sharing summative assessments, but also gain access to the resources from two new exciting projects and learn new instructional strategies. Lunch is on your own, there is no cost, but pre-registration is required.
Time spent during these meetings is designed to increase clarity of understanding and application of effective social studies education so that all students experience high achievement.
During these meeting teachers will
- be updated on the latest Social Studies information, MDE C3 Alignment Project of Social Studies State Standards and Expectations
- receive customized updates on and provide feedback for Illuminate
- receive access to resources,
- learn how to implement the C3 Framework
- continue work on upgrading summative assessments,
- share ideas on effective instructional practices,
- work on collaborative projects
- deepen their understanding of Social Studies
- deepen their understanding of Google Drive