News & Current Events 10/10/2018
- October 8th-12th - Fall Book Fair
- October 13th - HSE Family picnic at HSE
- October 16th - IFEST meeting (8:00-9:00 and 5:30-6:30)
- October 19th - NO SCHOOL ( Staff Development Day)
- October 22nd - Orange Leaf Fundraising Event
- October 22nd- 26th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 26th - Fall Parties
Free/reduced Lunch Application
Parents/Guardians, if you have not applied for free/reduced lunch this school year, please visit https://www.schoolcafe.com and fill out an application.
You can find detailed instructions here https://www.harmonytx.org/child-nutrition.php.
Also, you can fill out a paper application by visiting our front office or e-mailing the attached form to email@example.com.
Help the Quiz Bowl and SciOly teams
Help the Quiz Bowl and SciOly teams create the most fun game of Family Feud EVER on Friday, November 9th! Everyone is invited to compete in this super-fun family night - but first, we need YOU to help with our questions!
Every family member and friends can answer the questions - share as much as you would like - the more the merrier! Survey closes Sunday, October 21st.
Houston Maker Faire
The Maker Faire is a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning.
There are hours and hours of hands-on entertainment for all ages.
JA Volunteer Needed
Are you an exceptional parent or guardian who wants to help in the
classroom this year K-5? Sign up to teach Junior Achievement! We train
you and give you the materials needed for the class.
The students will thank you for the incredible life lessons and you will have given your time to a wonderful cause, your student’s future! Please complete the bottom of this form and turn it back into your student’s teacher. For more information about JA please visit http://www.juniorachievement.org
HSE International Festival
I-Fest Meetings will be held on Tuesday, October 16th in the commons area at 8:00 am and 5:30 pm. If you are wanting more information on having a country booth, having your child perform, volunteering or just looking for more information on the event, please come out and see what our International Festival is all about!
Click on the flyer below to learn how!
Parents, Important Drop Off Notice
We have noticed students being dropped off at HSE even before 6:30 A.M. Please regard the following.
- There are no staff members on duty until 7:00 A.M. to watch the students outside.
- Students are not allowed in the building before 7:20 A.M. unless they are reporting to a team practice.
- Therefore, we are not responsible for those who are here before 7:00 A.M.
- Please remember the final drop off time is 7:45, and students will be counted as tardy if they enter the building at or later than 7:50 A.M.
The staff at HSE is concerned about the safety of our students. Please, do not drop off students before 7:00 A.M. If you arrive earlier than 7:00 A.M. please stay with your child until the 7:00 A.M. outdoor supervision begins.
Let's work together to keep our students safe.
Thank You for your cooperation.