January 8, 2016
To all who have had their hands in creating our benchmarking and ACCESS schedules, thanks SO much!!!
Farewell to Liz as she leaves to have her little bambino!
Thanks to those that have been helping with dismissal outside. Your help expedites dismissal in the cold and snowy weather. :)
Notes and Reminders
- The PTO will be providing a special treat to all the wonderful Meadowview staff on Tuesday morning. Make sure to stop by the lounge in the AM. :)
- Winter benchmarking begins next week. Please do not offer Star re-takes without my PRIOR approval.
- The SWAT team will assess all students using the three, one-minute probes to collect the median score. Classroom teachers will also administer one fluency probe, score it, and place the score on the report card. Liz provided you with the probe.
- Please update our data spreadsheet as you get scores in for reading and math.
- Rachel M. will be working with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade teachers on math during PLCs throughout Liz's absence. K. 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers will be working on their PLC menu. A great point person throughout Liz's leave is Nicole Counihan. Email her anytime. She's the coach at Goodrich.
- Please remember to be on time for door duty. Students cannot be left unsupervised for any length of time. Door duty in the morning begins promptly at 8:00.
- Please see below for next week's Schoolwide PD. I'll also send it via email.
Math Fact Fluency Expectations
As we all know, if students move to the next grade level without having achieved the previous grade-level expectations regarding math facts, it gets more and more difficult for student and teacher to close the gap. Please work to ensure students meet these Common Core expectations. I'm looking closely at the data of the classrooms using Reflex and will determine whether this resource should be used throughout the building. Remember - teaching place value and math facts is as important as students practicing math facts.
Kindergarten - Add/subtract within 5
First - Add/subtract within 10
Second - Add/subtract within 20 (memorization) and add/subtract within 100 (pencil and paper)
Third - Multiply/divide within 100 (memorization) and add/subtract within 1,000
Fourth - Add/subtract within 1,000,000
Fifth - Multi‐digit multiplication
Sixth - Multi‐digit division and multi‐digit decimal operations
For collaboration purposes, it's a B week.
Monday, January 11th
Winter Benchmark Window Opens
1st Grade Schoolwide PD, Sipley, PM
School Board Meeting, 7:30, JJH
Tuesday, January 12th
Kindergarten Schoolwide PD, Meadow, AM
Admin Meeting (Reg out in AM)
Schoolwide Admin Overview (Reg out in PM)
Wednesday, January 13th
3rd Grade Schoolwide PD, Goodrich, AM
6th Grade Schoolwide PD, Willow Creek, PM
Thursday, January 14th
4th Grade Schoolwide PD, Murphy, AM
5th Grade Schoolwide PD, Edgewood, PM
Friday, January 15th
2nd Grade Schoolwide PD, Meadow, AM
Mark Your Calendar...
Monday, January 18th - No School MLK Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 19th - Monday Schedule
Tuesday, January 19th - EL Achieve PD, Reg out in AM (Janet and Linda out all day)
Tuesday, January 19th - After School Clubs Begin
Thursday, January 21st - Science Committee Meeting, PM
Friday, January 22nd - End of 2nd Quarter (Grades Due Feb. 3rd)
Friday, January 22nd - PTO Winter Dance, 6:30-8:30pm
Monday, January 25th - Monday Meeting, 3-4pm
Tuesday, January 26th - Grading Taskforce Meeting (Reg, Jen, and Katie out in PM)
Tuesday, January 26th - District Spelling Bee, 6:30pm, JJH
Thursday, January 28th - Data Reviews
Friday, January 29th - Jitterbugs Assembly (9am for 4-6 and 10am for PreK-3)
Friday, January 29th - Data Reviews