Mrs. Crompton's Math Class
Welcome to Math!
I am super excited to get started this quarter with some familiar names and some new ones. With so many new things this year, I am excited to learn together and explore the wonderful world of online school with you! Math has always been a passion of mine, and I love working with students to help them achieve those "ah-ha!" moments. Please make sure to read through this whole letter as there is important information about how class will run. See you virtually on Monday, November 9th!
Me & Mr. Crompton
Mr. Crompton and I have been married for almost 5 years! We were high school sweethearts, both raised in Las Vegas. We moved to Boise so that he could attend law school.
In April we welcomed the first member of our family! Born at the height of COVID-19, Mick was the best thing to come out of quarantine. He is the sweetest bundle of joy, and we are so happy to have him as part of our family!
An introduction to my family would not be complete without our chihuahua Steven. He is quite possibly the cutest, nicest chihuahua you'll ever meet and he is everyone's favorite dog! I'll try to make sure that his barks are kept to a minimum during class though :)
Me & Mr. Crompton
As you can see from above, my family consists of me, my husband, our new baby Mick, and our dog Steven. We love getting together with family and friends, playing cards, going to the movies (really upset that the theaters have been closed all summer), going on trips to the lake, traveling, and hiking. Something unique about me is that I worked at Disney World as a performer in the parades :)
New Remote Schedule Starting Monday, November 16th!
Weekly attendance will be taken based on attendance to live sessions and work completion. I understand that some students may have class at a physical location during our online sessions. In such a case, students must watch a recording of the session(s) they missed and record that they've watched it using the Attendance Form found in the "5. Archived Session Links and Attendance" channel.
Mondays: We will meet on Mondays to discuss important announcements for the week and for a lecture that covers the most difficult topic(s) of the week. This is when the primary teaching for the week occurs and it is a crucial meeting for students to attend.
Tuesday-Thursday: Class will start with a quick check-in where we will discuss the topic and section we are learning and take attendance for the day. Students then have time to work independently on the practice prior to attempting the quiz for the day. If a student struggles with the practice, there is a help session at 10:15 for 2nd period (Math 1) and 2:00 for 4th period (Statistics) where questions from the practice are reviewed in preparation for the quiz. The final 15 minutes of class is reserved for students to complete their daily quiz.
Fridays: On Fridays class starts with a meeting where we will review for the test in class. Afterwards, students will have the remainder of the period to complete their test.
Work deadline: All work assigned during the week will close a week after the Unit Test at 11:59 pm. (For example: During the first week you'll take Quiz 1, Quiz 2, etc. and Test on Friday. Quiz 1, Quiz 2, and Test will remain open until the following Friday.) Work received before the close date will receive full credit. Work received after the close date will not be scored.
Have No Fear, Help is Here!
- One-on-One Sessions --- Students can sign up for 20 minute slots to have a one-on-one session with me. This is an opportunity to have an uninterrupted tutoring session. Good for test remediation or going over a topic you are totally lost on. The link to the sign up page is available in the "4. I Need Math Helpl!" channel on Teams. Students can sign up at these times: Tuesday - Friday 7:45am - 9:15am
- Open Office Hours Everyday 2:50 - 3:15 --- Open Office Hours will be an open meeting that anyone can jump in or out of. This is a good place to come if you have a quick question about content or where to find something.
- Please be on time to class. This means being logged into live sessions before the start time.
- Engage in the chat! I love to hear your thoughts and this is one of the few opportunities you have to interact with your classmates. Please always be respectful.
- Enter class with your microphone off.
- Video is your choice, but I would love to see your faces! Teaching to a screen full of blank screens is difficult for me. I like to see that there is really someone out there listening. I don't even care if you still have bed head, I just like to see that someone is there :)
- Mistakes are EXPECTED, RESPECTED, INSPECTED, CORRECTED. We are all here to learn! You will make mistakes along the way, and that's okay! Let's support each other in those mistakes by being respectful and learning together.
- Please keep all content you post school appropriate. Inappropriate posts will be deleted and parents will receive a phone call.
Important Teams Information
Use the following join codes to add my math class to your Teams. Please only add the class you are in.
To the left is a picture of the different channels you will need to become familiar with as you navigate my Teams page.
The General tab will have important announcements for the whole class.
Weekly Checklist is where you can look to see all of the activities and learning standards you will need to participate in for the week.
Live Session Links is where you can find the link for your class period if the calendar link is not working for some reason. Please press "accept" when you receive calendar invites from me in your email.
Questions is a place you can ask questions about the course or schedule to me or your peers. Please keep posts related to Math Class.
I Need Math Help! This is where you can sign up for a one-on-one session with me or find the link to my open office hour at the end of the day if you cannot find the link on your calendar.
The Archived Session Links and Attendance tab will link you to past live sessions and the teacher notes that go along with the lesson. This will be helpful if you weren't able to attend a session for any reason. You need to fill out the attendance form every time you watch an archived session.
Semester Calendar Here you can find an overview for the whole semester. The calendar is subject to changes.
Grading & Reassessments
- Unit Tests: 70%
- Quizzes: 20%
- Final Exam: 10%
I only put tests and quizzes into the grade book. While daily assignments will not be put into PowerSchool, it is STRONGLY encouraged that you complete them and stay on top of your work load! Grades will be updated in PowerSchool every Tuesday.
- Two reassessments will be allowed per quiz
- One reassessment will be allowed per test
- Reassessments must be completed by the following Friday at 11:59pm
- Remediation in a one-on-one sessions is strongly suggested prior to retake
Reassessment policies are subject to change with district policies.