June 8 - 12, 2015
Remember to make sure I am aware of where you are during the day in case you are needed to administer an exam.
Please keep students in the classroom and out of the hallways during exams.
A testing reminder sheet has been placed in your box.
RETIREMENT AND STAFF APPRECIATION CELEBRATION
All staff should plan to attend the the annual Retirement and Staff Appreciation Reception. It will be held at Camden Middle School on Monday June 15 at 9:00 a.m.
Camden County Schools has purchased and will be utilizing Canvas Learning Management System for the 2015-2016 school year. This system links with PowerSchool and SchoolNet and will hopefully provide our students and parents with a central location to access information regarding course work, grades, etc.
Mr. Reaves & Mrs. Lilly will attend a training session on Canvas and will then train the staff when the 2015-2016 school year begins.
Please visit their website to learn more about Canvas or sign up for a free trial. You can find more information at:
Here is a short video about Canvas:
Summer Professional Development: Click the link below for a list of facilitated online courses offered this summer. Registration opens June1, 2015. Courses start June 22, 2015.https://rt3nc.org/.
- Digital Literacies in the Classroom (seven weeks) 1.5 CEUs
- Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects: Part 1 (five weeks) 0.5 CEU
- Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects: Part 2 (seven weeks) 1.5 CEUs
- Introduction to Data Literacy (five weeks) 1 CEU
- Data Literacy in Action (six weeks) 1.5 CEU
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (four weeks) 1 CEU
- Universal Design for Learning: Part 2 (four weeks) 1 CEU
- Connecting with our 21st Century Learners (five weeks) 1 CEU
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards (six weeks) 2 CEUs
- Building and sustaining PD (six weeks) 1 CEU
- Responsibilities of the 21st Century Educator (seven weeks) 1 CEU
These courses are available at no cost to North Carolina educators and will be facilitated by DPI professionals. The courses are completed entirely online. Participants are expected to meet all weekly deadlines in order to receive CEUs. Partial credit will not be given. Registration is limited to 35 participants per course. To register, follow the instructions below to log into Home Base to self-register for a course.
Log in to the NCEES system using your usual PowerSchool log in or the alternate log in https://ncees.homebase.ncpublicschools.gov/alternateLogin.html Click the Professional Development tab.
PM - Griffiths
LUNCH - Administration (I may call on some of you if testing issues arise)
THIS WEEK AT CAMTECH:
1st & 4th NCFE
Tuesday, June 9
2nd & 3rd NCFE
Wednesday, June 10
English II EOC
Thursday, June 11- early release
Math I & Biology EOCs
Staff meeting @ 1:30 PM
Board of Education Meeting
Friday, June 12 - early release
Graduation @ 7PM