Taxes (1040EZ)

By Wiktoria Wielgus

What forms do you need?

In order to do your own taxes, you'll need a W-2 Form and a tax table chart.
Big image
Big image

Who sends you those forms?

Your employer should give you the W-2 Form.

You can find the Tax Table online.

How to complete a 1040EZ?

Line 1- You put the amount of wages, salaries, and tips you make. This is in box one of your W-2 forms

Line 2- You put your taxable interest that you also get from the W-2 form

Line 3-If you fill this line out,you are unemployed but most of the time you are placing a 0 because you are employed

Line 4- You have to add the lines from above 1+2+3 to give you the adjusted gross income

Line 5- You must follow the instructions on the 1040ez to figure out the total for this line

There is a chart you fill out to see what you actually pay

Line 6-Subtract Line 4 from line 5 to get your taxable income

Line 7- You put the withheld federal income on this line which is found on your W-2 form

Line 8- You see instructions, but most of the time you place a 0

Line 9- Add lines 8 and 9 to get your total payments and credits

Line 10- Use your tax table and line 6 to find your total tax match up. Then enter the tax from the table on this line.

Line 11- If you have health care, you put it here whether it is full coverage or not, usually a 0.

Line 12-Add line 11 and 10 to find your total tax

Line 13- If line 9 is larger than line 12 subtract 9 form 12 and that is your tax return

Line 14-If line 12 is larger than line 9 subtract line 12 from 9 and that is the amount you owe.

Big image
Big image