4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of April 27
Our Current Week
- SCHOOL IS IN SESSION due to inclement weather day in March
- green specials day - Eddy library day - REMEMBER YOUR BOOKS!
- poster board sent home for Living History Museum - work on at home; due back to school on or before FRIDAY, May 8
- blue specials day
- purple specials day
- last day to send in your plastic bags - bring them on! We want them!!
- red specials day - Weltzin library day - REMEMBER YOUR BOOKS!
- Spell Check over List 25
- 2014-15 Reagan yearbook orders due (see ordering information at end of memo)
- 4th grade field trip - WEAR YOUR SURVIVOR ISLAND TIE-DYED T-SHIRT!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- informational text & author's purpose
- Sitton List 25
- plurals review (ponies, horses, fishes)
- The Art of Persuasion: Shark Tank
- personal financial literacy
- begin playground design project
- plant adaptations
- food chains & webs
- REQUIRED: work on Living Museum Famous Texan posters (due back to school on or before 5/8)
- RECOMMENDED: read 100 minutes/week (25 minutes/4 nights); may log on line
- OPTIONAL: iStation reading practice - differentiated assignments are in each student's account (free app available for iOS & Android devices; students have login info in binders)
- Pass at least two lessons on the Think Through Math website anytime between Monday and Sunday (remember, your login information is in your travel binder)
- Contact Mrs. Weltzin for an alternate assignment if you do not have access to a device at home on which to do Think Through Math
- Spell Check 25 on Friday 4/30
It's the Reagan Show!
They sing! They dance! They make complete fools of themselves!
Got Bags?? :: HEB Earth Day Contest Update
UPDATE: We've had over 500 bags come in this past week alone! We need over 500 more, though...please scour your pantries and car trunks and send in those helpful, but pesky, store bags...thanks!
Reagan Elementary has agreed to participate with our local HEB in theHEB Earth Day Contest. We’re asking each grade to participate with collecting recyclable plastic bags in your classrooms until Wednesday, April 29th. The grade that collects the most recyclable plastic bags wins an activity day hosted on campus by HEB with healthy refreshments and drinks along with a visit from HEBuddy OR movie day passes for each student in the winning grade.
Famous Texan Research Project :: Update
Most students have completed their research and submitted their research outlines in Google Classroom as of this past Friday. Some overachievers have even begun composing the paragraphs they will perform for the upcoming Famous Texan Living History Museum in the MPR on May 11th. While students are welcome to work on their project at home, they are given time at school to complete the required elements. The exceptions to that are the poster and compiling the costume, which will all be completed at home. Thanks for your support - we've loved watching our students enjoy the learning process!
For the living museum on Monday, May 11th, each student will need to come to school with some sort of costume that represents the person s/he researched. Please do not purchase things for the costume; whatever you have on hand at home is absolutely fine.
A short list of remaining important dates is as follows:
- informational 1st person point of view paragraph due - Thursday 4/30 (assigned in Google Classroom last week)
- work on Google Slides presentations at school - Monday 4/27 - Thursday 4/30 (may work on at home as well using Google Classroom)
- Google Slides presentations due - Thursday 4/30
- Index Cards due - Monday 5/4
- In-class Google Slides presentations - Monday 5/4 - Friday 5/8
- Posters due back to school - on or before Friday 5/8
- Living History Museum - all day Monday 5/11; performance schedule to come next week
Please see the link below - there's tons of information to help keep you in the loop as to requirements, resources, and due dates! We hope to see you at the Famous Texan Living Museum on Monday, May 11th.
STAAR results are delivered at the discretion of the state; we have no control over when they come in. When we do receive them, we will send home each student's CSR (Confidential Student Report).
Due to the shift in the math TEKS this school year, the Math STAAR is in its pilot year and scores will not be returned until the fall, as the state will be busy analyzing the data and adjusting the test for next year.
On the Horizon - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The following dates, to the best of our knowledge at this time, are the dates for the 4th 9 weeks that will affect your 4th grader. Please make note of them on your personal calendars. Please update your calendars accordingly. Dates are subject to change; we will do our best to keep this current. If there are any additions from the previous week's newsletter, they will be in italics below.
- YES SCHOOL - inclement weather makeup day (makeup from the no ice day on 3/5 :)
- poster board sent home for famous Texan posters; due back to school Friday 5/8
- famous Texan Google presentations completion deadline
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Pioneer Farms; more info to come
- Reagan Faculty Follies - 11:00 at the Vista Ridge HS Performing Arts Center
- famous Texan index cards due (for more info, see link above)
Monday 5/4 - Friday 5/8
- Scholastic book fair in library
- famous Texan Google presentations in class
- Living Museum in the MPR: times TBD; see the link above for detailed info
- originally scheduled for Tues 5/12; moved to Monday 5/11 due to building conflict
- 4th & 5th Grade Track & Field meet at Ranger Stadium - more info to come
- NO SCHOOL - inclement weather make up day
- NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day Holiday
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials; tickets available that week for students that wish to purchase items. More information to come.
- School-wide Splash Day
- last day of school; end of 4th 9 Weeks - HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!
Missing Library Books
Elizabeth & Reanna