Alta Vista Voyager Connection
An In-Depth Newsletter for Alta Vista Families
- Student Led Conferences Week of February 3-7
- Student Fundraiser During the Week of February 3-7
- Students can wear their favorite team shirt or jersey on Monday, February 3
- Student Led Conferences LATE NIGHT Tuesday, February 4, 4:00-7:30 PM
- Spring Break Academy Parent Meeting February 6 @ 5:30 PM
- Class and Individual Picture Friday, February 7
- Transformation Waco Family Bowling Night on Tuesday, February 11 at 7:00-8:30 pm at AMF Lanes on Waco Drive
- Girl CODE Field Trip on Tuesday, February 11, 1:00-4:30 pm
- Wear Red/Pink/Valentine's Day shirts on Friday, February 14
- No School on Monday, February 17
- Transformation Waco Board Meeting on Tuesday, February 25 at 5:30 pm
- 4th Six Weeks Report Cards go home on Thursday, February 27
- Tribe Pow Wow (Wear Team Shirt) on Friday, February 28
COMING UP: Spring Break March 9-13
Parent Involvement Opportunities
Student Led Conferences begin next week with a late night option from 4:00 to 7:30 PM on Tuesday, February 4. Please check for notes from your child's teacher and set up a time that works for you with them! Let the teacher know if you have any questions!
Have you been getting texts from Alta Vista Elementary? If not, it's probably time to make sure your contact information is updated in our system! Please call the school to make sure we have the correct cell phone number for you; this will help keep you updated on the latest school news and information!
Spirit & Pride Fundraiser
We are kicking off new fundraiser with Spirit and Pride next week. Students and families will have the opportunity to purchase school spirit gear, and we will get a portion of the proceeds back to the school. This fundraiser replaces the A+ Card fundraiser we used to do.
By Friday, February 7, each student should return an envelop with the order form/money or a blank order form to the homeroom teacher. Families may also order online at spiritandpride.com and use School ID# 1488.
Here's a quick video about the fundraiser: http://www.spiritandpride.net/video/
February Attendance Contests
The grade level with the best attendance each week in February will receive extra recess. The recess will come immediately before or after lunch so teachers will have an extra 30 minutes for lunch! Your grade level will work with Mr. Ward to schedule this time.
The grade level with the best attendance for the month will receive a week of “Out of Dress Code.” This will include staff on this grade level!
Every 10 years, the census counts how many people are in our community to decide how much federal funding and representation our communities should receive. This money supports everything from school lunches to special education to Head Start to over 130 other programs that could help your students right now.
We could miss out on over $15,000 per person not listed on the census. Everyone should fill out Census 2020 so we don't lose millions of dollars in the next 10 years!
Yes! The Census can be filled out in 13 languages by phone or online.
Thank you WISD School Board!
We received books for our library courtesy of the school board! Pictured is Mrs. Somers' first grade class.
This month Girl CODE completed a Lego structure challenge and brainstormed problems they want to tackle for their spring service project.
Our GT students participated in the district GT fair in January. Hazel shows off the medal she won!