Welcome to English 10R!
Important Information for Mrs. Jee's Sophomore Regents Class
- Texts will include To Kill a Mockingbird, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Speak, Maus, myths, short stories, various poems and outside reading.
- Students should expect all lessons to begin promptly at the bell.
- It is absolutely vital that students participate in class.
- I expect thorough and complete honesty from each student. Cheating and plagiarism of any kind—whether in homework assignments, essays, tests, quizzes, presentations—will be taken as a serious breach of trust.
- I give students a homework sheet at the beginning of every week or so.
- Students have homework Monday through Thursday.
- Classwork includes written homework, preparation for class and required reading, participation, discussions, writing activities and presentations.
- Major exams and quizzes
- Writing effectiveness with essays, the research paper, and the final portfolio