Pride of the Tribe
Week of October 1, 2018
Great Things We Noticed Last Week!
- Some great work put into the block meeting on Monday! Please be sure to learn about our most at-risk students in each grade level. Sticky data is just as important as numbers...Learning about the WHOLE kid will move us to where we want to be!
- Students picking up trash in the Krum stands after the volleyball game. This was GREAT to see!
- The Theater Tech class problem solving and working as a team to construct the set for an upcoming theater performance!
Multiple-line phone systems must be capable of dialing 9-1-1 without "9" or another number for an outside line. The district is in the process of making the changes to district phones. Once updated, I will let you know.
You may read more about Kari's Law here, https://www.911.org/resources/karis-law/.
Sometimes students need a little push to activate their imagination!
Nuts & Bolts
- THIS IS A DIRECTIVE AND MY LAST BLANKET MONKEY...Student phones are expected to be in backpacks during class. We need EVERYONE to get consistent with this expectation. If a student needs to make a call, they are to come to the office. We should never see a student on their cell phone in the hallways. Please remind students of this too.
- Badges - Lots of feedback...Some encouraging and some not...
- Coach Belcher shared, "The new procedure is to both have your ID badge on around your neck and to place your phone and headphones into your backpack before entering the room. Seems to work for me."
- Mrs. Mathe reports some students don't wear the badge as a way to leave class and SLOWLY return. They have started giving a tardy and that has helped.
- Several teachers, who shall remain unnamed, have shared that there are teachers not following the rules because they either don't have time for it or don't see it as a big deal. This disappoints me. We are a team and we are trying to teach responsibility. Please make this a priority in your daily schedule.
- The district has hired a crisis counselor for K-12. If you feel a student would benefit from visiting with her, please let one of our HS counselors know and they can get a meeting arranged.
- Webpages - Please make sure personal pages are updated, as well as organization pages.
- SchoolStatus - We are reviewing parent contact calls through SchoolStatus. Please remember you are to make contact with the parents of students who failed your classes.
- Lesson Plans - DUE EACH FRIDAY BY 4:00. PART OF T-TESS, DISTRICT EXPECTATION, REQUIRED PER TEXAS EDUCATION CODE SECTION 11.164
- Electives/CTE Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Club & Organization Displays during lunches all week
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- SAT Pre-Adminstration Meeting in Lecture Hall from 10:01, 10:54 & 2:03
- Volleyball vs Melissa @ Melissa, 5pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- 9th/JV/V Football vs Argyle @ SHS, 5:00pm
- JV/V Volleyball vs Celina @ Celina 5:00pm
- V Football vs Argyle @ Argyle, 7:00pm
- Band Competition @ Princeton
- Volleyball Spikefest @ SHS
- SAT @ SHS
Homecoming Week - October 15-19
I leave you with this...
Never underestimate the value of "smiley faces" on students' papers.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND TEACH WITH YOUR STRENGTHS