Space Mission Summary
One space mission was Voyager 2 it was the only spacecraft to study all four of the solar system's giant planets up close. It is now exploring the outermost reaches of where the solar wind and the sun's magnetic field dominate space. In September 2007, it crossed the termination shock (where the speed of the solar wind drops below the speed of sound) at 84 AU (more than twice the distance to Pluto).
- this paragraph was from http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/missions/voyager2
Properties and facts
- The distance from the Sun is 30.07 AU (2.8 Billion miles)
- Neptune is a Outer Planet
- The mass of Neptune is 102,410,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms
The Distance to the closest planet (Pluto) is 1.42 billion miles away
- Neptune is the 8th planet from the sun
Neptune has six rings the three longest are Adams Ring (63,000 km), Arago Ring (57,000 km), and the Leverrier Ring (53,000 km).
- Atmosphere contains H2, He, & CH4.
- Effective Temperature is -214 °C
- The Surface Gravity is 11.15 m/s2
- The Escape Velocity is 84,816 km/h
If you believe Adrula Real Estate is real we are sorry this business is for educational proposes only.