Parent Blast - February 1, 2021
Launching Into Second Semester
I hope your family enjoyed a few days away from CDL. Our team has been hard at work grading, setting up report cards, planning for semester two and setting up fresh new Google Classrooms. We are ready to tackle the second part of the school year and we hope you are too!
New Google Classroom:
Please help your child log-in to Google Classroom in the same way they have during the first half of the school year. They should be prompted to "join" their new class that has been set up for the second semester. This class will look the same, but without all of the clutter and work that was built up from the first semester. If you run into any issues, please reach out to Mrs. Lewis (contact info below), our technology support staff or myself. Some teachers are planning to walk through these steps with their students, so log on to the semester 1 classroom if it is available.
These will be mailed to your home later this week. If you have moved sometime during CDL please email or call us with your new address so we can ensure you get your child's report card and other important mail. Rest assured your child will be able to stay and continue at Patterson this year, even if you've moved.
Supply Pickup (see schedule below):
This week we have supply pick-up, which includes at-home PE and Music kits. If you are unable to make it through, please reach out to our office so we can coordinate pick up or delivery. These materials will be utilized right away in semester 2 so it will be important to have them.
Curbside Library Book Pick-Up:
We are excited to offer library books to our students through curbside library events. For this first round, we are offering pick-up times in conjunction with Wednesday - Friday supply pick-up times (see schedule below). Please read below to learn how to check-out/hold books to be ready at pick-up this week.
2/8 - Chipotle Restaurant Night
2/11 - Principal Read Aloud, 7:00 pm
2/15 - No School, President's Day
Round 1 of the Freckle Math Competition runs through Feb 5.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out: email@example.com.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
Supply Pick-Up Drive-Through Events
- Tuesday Feb. 2 - 5th Grade (3:30-5:00 pm)
- Tuesday Feb. 2 - 2nd Grade (5:00-6:30 pm)
- Wednesday Feb. 3 - Kindergarten (4:00-5:30 pm)
- Wednesday Feb. 3 - 3rd Grade (4:00-5:30 pm)
- Thursday, Feb. 4 - 4th Grade (4:00-5:30 pm)
- Thursday, Feb. 4 - 6th Grade (4:00-5:30 pm) - BACK PARKING LOT (BUS LOOP)
- Friday, Feb. 5 - 1st Grade (3:30-5:00 pm)
Rice, beans, flour, sugar, oil, crackers, cereal, oatmeal, pasta.
Please reach out to Mrs. Awad if you need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curbside Library Book Check Out
Please take a minute to view this video from Mrs. Lewis, showing how to check out books for pick-up. Here is the direct link to the Patterson library site. Holds need to be completed by Wednesday morning, 2/3 for this event.
Curbside pick-up will take place next week during the following times in the front parking lot:
- Wednesday Feb. 3 - 4:00-5:30 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 4 - 4:00-5:30 pm
- Friday, Feb. 5 - 3:30-5:00 pm
February Focus: Active Engagement
Starting this week, we are going to be focused building-wide on active engagement. Active engagement includes:
- Listening - joining live meetings, watching recorded lessons
- Joining the conversation - turning on the camera to give visual feedback to peers/teachers, verbally sharing ideas and asking questions, typing ideas and questions into the chat feature, sharing ideas in breakout rooms with peers
- Completing work in Google Classroom - carefully reading directions and learning targets and turning in completed work, asking questions using the comment feature, emailing or asking the teacher for help, joining the teacher for small groups and/or office hours to continue learning
We would love your support at home in reviewing these active engagement actions and joining us in positively recognizing your child/children when you see them doing these.
We highlighted active engagement and had some fun with our students during our virtual assembly last week - let's just say the kids were engaged and smiling when they saw their teachers singing and dancing. You can view our assembly here.