Newsletter Term 1 Week 5
Patumahoe School 1 March 2023
FROM THE PRINCIPALS DESK
Thank you to everyone who attended our whaanau evening last week. It was a great opportunity for everyone to both reconnect and establish new relationships.
A special thanks to our PTA for organising the sausage sizzle which raised over $1000.00 towards our year 3-6 camp to Ngaruwhaia. None of this would have been possible without the support of the following generous sponsors
- PAK'n'SAVE Manukau - for their super generous donation of the sausages!
- Bakers Delight Pukekohe - thanks to Mike and his team for donating the bread for our sausage sizzle
- Patumahoe 4 Square - kind donation of onions and water
- ACSL - Air Conditioning Services Limited -who kindly donated the ice blocks and a barbecue
- PDS Painting and Decorating Services - who kindly donated the ice blocks and a barbecue
- On Site Diesel Servicing Limited - for the use of their barbecue and for cooking up a storm
A thanks also to Roz Turnbull who kept us entertained with her tunes.
Mufti Fundraiser for Pakowhai School
Self Portraits from Room 13
Choice As Humans of Patumahoe
Hi again Patumahoe folks.
I really am staggered with you lot! I had a ballpark figure that I thought might be achievable for our school to raise and once again that number was obliterated by our Patumahoe family's. It just seems to be how this community rolls.
PLEASE have a look at our sponsors below and if you can support them, use their services or buy their products then please do. Many of them have gone beyond what was asked. We are humbled and extremely grateful.
After our last newsletter, families reached out to us who needed assistance and we have been able to help them instantly.
Please, if you are a member of our community who could benefit from our people's generosity, then get hold of Maree Phillips or myself at School and we will confidentially provide the support that you need.
Thanks again y'all
- Emily and Gary Starnes - On-site Diesel Servicing
- Andrew Campbell - Countryside Homes LTD
- Di Bruce - Raspberry Lane Baby & Children's Boutique
- Nikki McIlvenny
- Mike Faulkner - Bakers Delight Pukekohe
- Hans & Sandy Van Leishout
- Vimal & Anita Patel - Patumahoe Four Square
- Cal & Brooke Nash - Good Kitchens Ltd
- Troydon Contractors LTD
- Debbie & Neil McCarthy - Circle Line Engineering
- Maxwell Moore - Moore Farrier Services LTD
- Jeremy Lamb & Sascha Wells - Waiuku New World
- Richard & Angela Moorcroft
- Craig Harkness - CH Construction
- Anne & Ash Patel
- Joel & Liesl Holmes
- Danica & Phil Mohan - ACSL Group
- Amanda & Sean Lyons
- Mon & Vaun Cooksley
- John & Suzie Cochrane
- Marj Langit
- Wawatai Whanau - KW Fitness Ltd
- Bardsley & Briggs Family - Bardsley Flooring Ltd
Kate & De-Jaun Kruis - Absolute Zero Refrigeration Ltd
Barry Key (Wawatai whanau) - Oshawa Trading Ltd
Chanelle Reid - Razor Web. Design & Marketing
Debbie & Gary Payne
Courtney Hockey - Grayson & Co Chartered Accountants
Shane & Lindy Schlaepfer & Katherine West. - Riordan & West Ltd
Ken Blackbeard - KVB Engineering
McDowell & Nortje Families - Formedge
Penny Day & Graham Brooks
Kurk & Kelly Brady - Smooth Lines Architecture
Natasha and Kurt Pedersen - Farmhouse Preschool
Karl & Jo Syme - Patty Products
This is our main fundraiser for camp 2023.
By now your child will have bought home their sponsor sheet for the Basicfactathon. Hopefully they have been out getting sponsorship and working hard to learn their basic facts.
Any money our children collect in sponsorship will equate to 'prize tickets' that will go into the draw for the kids to win some cool stuff.
Obviously, the more prizes the better......a huge thanks to those families who have already donated prizes. If you still have things like games, puzzles, stationery, sports gear, books etc that are in new or excellent condition that a kid would love and you are happy to 're gift' them, we'd be stoked to add them to our prize pool! Get the kids to bring them to school and they'll score some House points for their generosity!
Relief to families in Hawkes Bay
A trailer is heading to Gisborne later this week to support the community there. Any donations are gratefully received, and can be left at the office before Friday.
We are able to send these away and in return we receive free sports gear!
ASSEMBLY - This weeks assembly will be hosted by Rooms 1 and 2
- 08th March - School swimming sports
- 15th March - Group swimming sports
- 22nd March - PTA Mufti day - more information to follow
- 23rd March - Zone swimming sports
- 03rd - 05th April - Ngaruawahia Year 3-6 Camp
- 06th April - Last day Term 1
- 24th April - Teacher Only Day - no school
- 25th April - Anzac Day - no school
- 26th April - First day Term 2
- 16th September - Calf Club Day - Lock it in now!
our soccer teams are filling up fast - with some teams either at capacity or very close to it.
So if you would like your kid to play soccer for Waiau Pa this year, please let me know asap as I will be closing off entries very soon.
In particular, I am looking for a couple more kids for our Grade 13 team (born in 2010) and one more player for our Grade 11 team (born 2012).
If you have a child who is keen to play, please fill in this form: Fill in the form here.