This Week's News
Title 1 Compacts were sent home last week. I am sending home a 2nd copy if you have not signed and returned yours yet.
Farm Breakfast- Farm breakfast permission slip was sent out last week. Please return it and $1.50 by Friday!
Bake Sale- We have raised over $300 the last two weeks! This Friday we will have our last bake sale. If you could donate any items we would appreciate it very much! Also, don't forget that your child can buy items during lunch for $0.50. The money we earn will go towards our field trip to Uncle Bob's Pumpkin Patch helping to reduce each child's field trip cost.
Falcan's Can Food Drive September 14-October 30- This week if students bring in 2 cans by Friday, he/she will earn a FREE ice pop!
Spirit Week- This week is Spirit Week in honor of Newnan High School's Homecoming game. Please see dates to remember below for what to wear each day.
Dates to Remember
Oct. 13- Spirit Day: Celebrity and Iconic Figure Day
PTO meeting 4:00
Oct. 14- Spirit Day- Beach Day
Oct. 15- Disney Day
Title 1 Meeting 6:30
Oct. 16- Kindergarten Bake Sale
Spirit Day: Wear School Colors
This Week's Learning Goals
Sight Words: jump, on, here
CAFE/ELA- 2nd 9 weeks learning goals
- Spoken words are represented by a sequence of letters
- Identifying and producing rhyming words
- Blending sounds to read words
- Asking and answering questions and retelling
- Engaging in group activities
- Writing one sentence to produce an opinion piece
Math: 2nd 9 weeks learning goals
- Counting to 60
- Skip counting by 10's to 50
- Counting forward starting with a number other than 1
- Answering how many question (#0-20)
- Comparing written numbers using more than, less than, equal to (#0-10)
- Comparing objects using more than, less than, equal to (0-20)
- Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19 into tens and ones
Social Studies/Science/Health Unit: Farms
Congratulations to the following Leaping Frogs for making a 100% on reading sight words, letter sounds, and spelling CVC words!
The following Leaping Frogs made 100% on their sight word spelling test!
These students earned their 1st Sight Word Super Star for reading 10 sight words!
These students earned their 2nd Sight Word Super Star for reading 20 sight words!