Onid Junior High School
Technology of the Building
Clear Solar Panels
- Onid ISD has decided to put completely clear solar panels in the Junior High School.
- The panels are as clear as glass, and are more efficient than the opaque solar panels of the past.
- They are placed with the windows to not only provide natural lighting within the school, but also to make the school more eco-friendly and green.
Energy from vibrations
- Inside of Onid ISD's Junior High there are pieces of hardware that harness natural kinetic energy to produce electricity.
- The pieces of technology is a device about one cubic centimeter in size that uses ambient vibrations (such as the vibrations of sound) to produce electricity.
Technology for Students and Faculty
- Onid ISD's Junior High School has wireless chargers that send out a magnetic field through the air, while shooting electricity through the air.
- It plugs into a router, much like WiFi, but instead you connect to electricity and are able to charge your devices.
- Onid ISD will use Augmented Reality to lower and nearly nullify school trip costs. The AR, or Augmented Reality, combines the real world with a fake one.
- Or, it can be used to display any place in the real world, instead of going there.
- This will make demonstrations, school trips, and special lessons easier.
Technology on Campus
Solar Botanic Trees
- Onid ISD has decided to utilize the improvements in both solar and nano-technology, and has placed solar-power harnessing trees on the JHS campus.
- The trees's leaves are solar panels, and one tree can power a three bedroom house.
- In all of OJHS's green areas, these trees have been placed.
- The Future is Clear. (n.d.). Retrieved December 16, 2015, from http://msutoday.msu.edu/feature/2015/the-future-is-clear/#
- Tiny Generators Produce Electricity from Ambient Vibrations. (n.d.). Retrieved December 17, 2015, from http://www.alternative-energy-news.info/tiny-generators-electricity-ambient-vibrations/
- WiTricity, Retrieced December 16, 2015, http://prodigy.witricity.com/products-page/product-category/witricity-prodigy-duplicate
- The Tree Of The Future. (n.d.). Retrieved December 9, 2015, from http://solarbotanic.com/how-it-works/
What is augmented reality (AR)? - Definition from WhatIs.com. (n.d.). Retrieved January 21, 2016, from http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/augmented-reality-AR